May 20, 2019 at 6:26 pm #16186
Is there a workaround with the ActivConnect OPS-G to apply a password per account added? Our panels will be shared amongst several teachers and we’d like to separate/secure their Google accounts by prompting them to resign in or enter a pin.
From what I’ve gathered, Android 7.0 was the first Android OS to provide this functionality. Our ActivConnect OPS-G devices are still on Android 6.0.
Any workarounds or hacks would be greatly appreciated!
May 20, 2019 at 8:45 pm #16188
A password can be added to each User profile on the ActivConnect devices. Each of those profiles can have a different Google account associated with it.
So while you cannot directly put a password on the Google Account, you can put a password on the User Profile on the device that has a Google Account associated with it.
May 21, 2019 at 5:42 pm #16192
Thanks! I can’t believe I missed that. Is there a way to require that each user sets a passcode/pin either through the settings in Android or through Radix?
May 21, 2019 at 6:03 pm #16193
That can be set through each User Profile’s Settings on the device through:
Settings > Personal > Security > Screen Lock
From there, you can set a Password, PIN, or Swipe Pattern for that profile.
Support and advice on using the Viso device management platform for the ActivConnect devices would best be obtained from Radix here:
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release Notes for Apps: Screen Share, Classroom Essential apps, myPromethean Mobile App (released 6 December 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v3.3 (released 6 December 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivDriver v5.18.18 (released 6 December 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.1 (released 6 December 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivInspire v2.18 (released 4 December 2019)