- This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 3 months ago by Anonymous.
January 22, 2016 at 6:57 pm #1237Mason BarnesParticipant
I have a activboard in my classroom that I am unable to use because the light in the top left corner of the board is red. I have tried to unplug and reset the board and I have tried resetting my computer but none of that have solved the problem. Can anyone tell me what to do?
January 22, 2016 at 8:10 pm #6407AnonymousInactive
I have seen similar problems. Sometimes the USB driver isn’t working, although connection is fine. On my old thinkpad I had to try two or three USB ports before software communicated succesfully with the pen. The usb driver software is unstable.
You may want to try the USB troubleshooting guide, but it sounds like you already have tried some of the steps.
One thing that brought my connection back up was to install the activ driver – which you can locate at https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activdriver
January 25, 2016 at 6:18 am #6408AnonymousInactive
Thank you for your post.
The red LED indicated that you have no connection.
Can you please confirm the model of your ActivBoard. The first thing we would need to do id update your driver. Michael Jenner has already provided you with a link but you will need to disconnect the ActivBoard and remove you current driver before you install the latest driver.
Also can you please test a direct connection to the ActivBoard bypassing any faceplate / connect panels.
Please let us know if the issue persists.
January 26, 2016 at 2:41 pm #6409AnonymousInactive
My light won’t even come on. Is that a similar problem?
January 26, 2016 at 10:25 pm #6410AnonymousInactive
The steps given in the links above are a good start to troubleshooting the issue with connections to our ActivBoard hardware.
If any further troubleshooting is needed, please feel free to reach out to us by phone or e-mail through this page on our Support Site.
(Support Case 00618502)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.0.10 (released 13 May 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.0.2 (released 29 April 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.0.0 (released 15 April 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.5 (released 13 April 2021)
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.13 (US release 29 January 2021 / Global release 5 February 2021)