Software Solutions
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Kay HorneKay Horne
      Participant

Will ActivInspire work on the new Mac OS 10.15 Catalina?  I do not connect to a board as this computer is used for creation only.

Hi Kay,

ActivInspire is not officially supported with Mac OS Catalina, as such we do not recommend updating in case of any issues that arise.

Thanks,
      Adam

Promethean Support

Joseph BrunoJoseph Bruno
        Participant

I am a teacher and I use Activinspire everyday and I updated my Mac.  Will Activinspire ever work with Mac OS Catalina?

Hi Joseph,

We do not have an ETA of when this will be supported, however this should be included in the next release of ActivInspire.

Feel free to subscribe to the announcement section on the community to see all the latest news.

Thanks

Adam

Promethean Support

Salomon KandovSalomon Kandov
        Participant

Hi all and hi Adam.

Fortunately, I saw this post and have not upgraded yet.

Unfortunately, I did upgrade to MacOS Mojave over the summer. Now coming back into the school since September, I have the issue where I’v noticed others have had:

The pen/stylus will be followed by the mouse cursor. But the board doesn’t respond to an input (i.e. clicking).

Anyone found a fix?

I’m considering downgrading from MacOS Mojave to whatever comes before that does allow the software/drivers to function properly. I just don’t know how to go about doing that correctly.

Salomon Kandov,

Please follow the instructions here to help with this issue:

Thanks,

Adam

Promethean Support

Participant

Hi Adam. I’ve gone through the steps in the 1737 link that you posted. I noticed that the “activhardwareservice” is not an option. My computer shows “activhardwareservice.app” and I wonder if they are the same or not.

Just so you know, the “activhardwareservice.app” was already “checked off” before.

Is there any other way you can support my issue?

Thank you,

Salomon Kandov

Hi Saloman,

Thank you for your reply.

When you say that this is “checked off”, can you confirm that this has a tick currently against Activhardwareservice?

Can you also confirm the driver and firmware version, ActivInspire version and hardware model that you are using?

Thanks,

Adam
        Promethean Support

Participant

Hi Adam,

Yes I can confirm that it does indeed have a tick currently against activhardwareservice.

Can you please share with me how to find out and confirm the driver and firmware version, activinspire version and hardware model that I am using?

-this way, I can get the requested data in a step-by-step manner and provide the necessary information efficiently.

Thank you,

Salomon Kandov

Hi Salomon,

Thanks for your reply.
        You can find this information from the ActivManager Control Panel:

For confirmation, what is your current Mac OS version?
        For ActivInspire you can open the software and click on ActivInspire>About ActivInspire and the version will be listed here.

Thanks,

Adam

Promethean Support

Amy GoebelAmy Goebel
      Participant

Our school is having the same issues with our boards.  Very FRUSTRATING!

Hi Amy Goebel,

Sorry to hear that you are frustrated.

What are the exact issues you are experiencing since you have upgraded to Catalina?

Can you confirm what version of both ActivInspire and ActivDriver you are using?
      If you can help to confirm the hardware that you are using this with it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Adam

Promethean Support

Amy GoebelAmy Goebel
      Participant

We are using ActivInspire Version 2.17.68075 and ActivDriver Version 5.18.12.

We can calibrate with the pens but once we’re done, the pen only shows the cursor.  We CANNOT click, write, select, ect.

Hi Amy,

Please try the below steps:

Go to System Preferences and select Security & Privacy.

Click the Privacy tab and select Accessibility.

Click the lock to make changes, find activhardwareservice in the list, and check the box to enable it.

Thanks,
        Adam

Promethean Support

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.