Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony FeketeTony Fekete
      Participant

Ran into a issue with the sound buttons on the board not working. Doing a factory reset seems to fix it for a day or two but the problem keeps coming back.  The board firmware is up to date.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for posting.

Does the sound work when using the remote?

When did you first notice the problem?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Carrie

Promethean Technical Support

Daniel SafritDaniel Safrit
      Participant

I am having the same issue since the latest update. The sound buttons on the board and the one on the remote do not work any longer. I have to go to the locker and get to the sound settings from there.

Tony FeketeTony Fekete
      Participant

Nope the remote don’t seem to work either. Seems to be a known issue you guys are working on and I see you pulled the last update. We are telling the teachers to press the power button once to put it to sleep. Then touch the board to wake it up. The volume will work for a short period of time. Turn it to max and then just use the pc to adjust to an appropriate level.

Hello Tony and Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please confirm the Mainboard firmware version (from the Update App, Locker menu) and the model of the ActivPanel (NOT the serial number, that would be sensitive information better not shared on a public forum)?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Regards,

Riccardo

Daniel SafritDaniel Safrit
      Participant

Model: ActivPanel Nickel

(AP7_U65)

Mainboard Firmware:

Bezel Firmware:

Android operating system

Kate PrometheanKate Promethean

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for confirming this. To solve this issue please try downgrading to the 4.3 firmware by performing a local update as per this article:

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kate

Tony FeketeTony Fekete
      Participant

That fix will not work for us as we have 4 schools with around 100 boards that would take way to long to go around and update them locally… We will wait for the next patch I guess.

Hi All,

Thank you for posting.

Just wanted to let you know we are working on a fix for this week so, hopefully it will be available again over the air some time next week, subject to change.

If you need any further assistance, please get in touch.

Kind regards,

Carrie

Lydia VirzintasLydia Virzintas
      Participant

Hi!  I am having the same issue with my Promethean AP7-U65 in my classroom.  Coworkers are reporting that their same boards are doing the same thing.  The volume buttons do not respond and it doesn’t work on the remote either.  The only way to adjust volume is to go into settings.

I see people have been posting for quite awhile and there doesn’t seem to be a fix yet.  Can someone let use know when there will be a patch?  No updates to date have solved the issue.

Hello Lydia,

Thank you for your post.

To assist you with this issue, could you please confirm the mainboard firmware version on this ActivPanel? You can locate it by opening the Locker and then the Update app.

When did this issue start occurring?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Arianna

Lydia VirzintasLydia Virzintas
        Participant

The issue started about 2 months ago, like others have posted on this forum.  Updating and resetting has not helped.

`Active Panel Nickel: AP7_U65

Mainboard firmware: 5.0.0.134

Bezel Firmware: 7.29.0

Android Operating System: 8.0.0

Hello Lydia,

Thank you for your post.

We have since then released a new firmware, version 5.0.10.1 which corrects this issue. Please open the update application on the ActivPanel, and update the ActivPanel firmware.

We look forward to assisting you further in this matter.

Kind regards,

Jordan

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.