- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 1 month ago by Anonymous.
January 20, 2017 at 8:42 pm #1803AnonymousInactive
We have recently moved into a new school. 80 x 75″ active panels. Teachers use laptops running windows 10 and use docking station to connect. Frequently ( 4 or 5 times a day ) the connection can drop, sometimes we have sound but other times we don’t. The screen can freeze as well. This is not happening across all devices. when connected and trying to play powerpoint, it quickly reverts to screen extension rather than duplicate. We are using a 4K HDMI to monitor adapter. we also can’t import powerpoints. any help would be appreciated.
January 23, 2017 at 8:02 am #9054AnonymousInactive
Thanks for posting.
So we can rule out any issues with the docking station, can you try and use the ActivPanel without the docking station and see if you have these issues?
When the connection drops, this is usually related to USB cables/adapters and lengths. With having a docking station, this is a form of adapter so we need to rule this out from being the issue.
Are you connecting to any faceplates/connectivity panels? Or do the cables connect directly into the port on the ActivPanel?
Do you have a laptop that you can connect directly to the ActivPanel using a HDMI cable and USB cable without the need for adapters? If so, please test and see if this is still dropping sound and connection.
Please can you explain further regarding the set up surround the 4k HDMI adapter, is this connecting to a laptop or desktop?
Are you using duplicate and then when you are using PowerPoint it reverts to extended? Are you referring to PowerPoint as an application on the ActivConnect G-Series or on a computer?
Are you trying to import PowerPoint files to ActivInspire? If so, what version of PowerPoint are you using and what errors do you receive?
Promethean Technical Support
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.13 (US release 29 January 2021 / Global release 5 February 2021)
- Release notes for ActivInspire v2.21 (released 5 January 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.3.0 (released 16 December 2020) and v4.3.1 (released 7 January 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.4 (released 2 December 2020)
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)