- This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 10 months ago by Anonymous.
November 30, 2014 at 11:59 am #142Lynn FesParticipant
I have a promethean board and projector. My laptop doesn’t have a VGA outlet but it does have an HDMI one. I have tried plugging the VGA outlet into the projector and the HDMI into my laptop. However the board continues to say that no source is found.
December 1, 2014 at 2:58 pm #3563AnonymousInactive
If your projector does not have an HDMI in port , then you would need a converter, specifically a HDMI Male to VGA Female Adapter Cable to make this work. Please note however: as we do not manufacture the converters, we cannot offer any support or guarantees that it will work on these.
Your reference is 00463372, don’t hesitate to call in if you would like further clarification on this.
December 2, 2014 at 10:41 am #3564AnonymousInactive
is there any other way to use the projector if I don’t have an VGA outlet Would a USB cable work?
December 2, 2014 at 12:56 pm #3565AnonymousInactive
Hi Lynn, if your Projector does not have an HDMI input port and your laptop does not have a VGA output, then you will need an adaptor to transform the signal from one type of output to the other.
USB carries only data and cannot transmit the video signal to the picture from your computer to display on the board.
Would you be able to use a different machine that does have a VGA output?
December 3, 2014 at 11:44 am #3566AnonymousInactive
Hi, my school has a few laptops that have the VGA input. I’ll just have to use those. I was disappointed that my new laptop couldn’t connect though, but at least I have something that will. Thanks!
December 3, 2014 at 12:26 pm #3567AnonymousInactive
Thanks Lynn, you could always convince the school to upgrade to a newer model projector, these days they pretty much all have HDMI 😉
Have a look at the adapters as well, should be easy to get one online and they are not expensive.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.1.200 (released 20 September 2021)
- Release notes for Radix agent v1.27.1 (released 25 August 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.1.0 (released 16 August 2021)
- Release notes for ActivInspire 2.22 (released 2 August 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.5.2 (released 30 June 2021)