Projectors

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Craig Promethean Craig Promethean 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author
    Henk de Hoop
    Henk de Hoop
    Participant

My projector with mirror does not give a sharp picture over the whole surface anymore. Or it is sharp in the middle or it is sharp on the edges. Is it a deformed mirror? If so is it replaceable? Is there a possibility to readjust the intern lenses? If so how?

Adem Promethean
    Adem Promethean

Hi,

Please can you let us know what projector you are using?

Most Promethean projector have a focus wheel where you are able to adjust the focus.

For a chargeable repair we recommend contact support for further details:

Contact

Thanks,

Adem

Henk de Hoop
    Henk de Hoop
    Participant

Hi Adem, the projector in my classroom is a Ust-P2 with mirror. I am aware of the focuswheel but it does not aply on the whole image. Sharp in the middle or sharp on the edges. It used to be fine when it was new. My school does not want to invest any money any more and I am stuck with an unsharp image. So I want to fix it myself. I teach physics and I repair all kinds of projectors so i want to try it on this one as it can not get any worse. Can you give me some help where to start. Is it the mirror, or the lenses. I think the last because it is put on blanc on many occasions and it gets warm. so the internals get shifted or dislocated. Is my best guess.

best regards, Henk

Hi Henk,

Thanks for your reply.

We would not recommend opening up the projector as this will void any warranty that is left on the projector.

Have you tried another known working lamp in the projector to see if this helps with the image being displayed?

I would recommend providing a photo of the image that best shows the image not being sharp and providing your projector serial number to Promethean Technical Support.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Promethean Support

Henk de Hoop
    Henk de Hoop
    Participant

Hi Adam,

The warranty is overdue according our suplier so no problem there. We tried another lamp to start with. No improvement. The suplier just send the sales man along and he cleaned the mirror with a lens cleanercloth. This did not help so he tried to sell us a touchscreen. We have two of them now for testing but not in my classroom. My complaint to my headmaster resulted in two guys from it support who concluded that all projectors suffer more or less with the same problem depending on the age. So if we can learn how to fix one we can fix the others too ourselves. As we do not have enough money to replace all of them at once and I still have to work with a bad image. I am used to solve my own technical problems if possible. I will send you a picture tomorrow. Grtz Henk

Hi Henk,

Thanks for your reply.

If this is a UST-P2 projector, there is a good chance that this will still be under warranty.
    I’d recommend providing the serial number to Promethean Technical Support so they can advise further.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Promethean Support

Henk de Hoop
    Henk de Hoop
    Participant

Dear Adam,

Here is the serial nr. Can you tell me if technical support is still under warranty?

best regards, Hbeamer serial nrenk

Craig Promethean
    Craig Promethean

Hi Henk,

Thank you for the image.

I am going to send you an email with the warranty status and to request a little more information.

Please keep an eye on your inbox 😀

Kind regards,

Craig

Promethean Technical Support

home

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.