Software Solutions
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #731
      Jeremy LampoJeremy Lampo
      Participant

      After the latest software update I have a problem I have not been able to solve. I have created a data base and imported it, mapped the fields and the list of classes and students appear as expected. But, after choosing a class to assign devices to, each students name is riddled with extra characters, namely, %, {,}, and ? and so on. This problem did not occur in my previous version of the program. These characters do not appear in the ‘edit data base’ window but only after selecting a class. I remade my .csv but I always end up with the same problem. This is also occurring on more than one machine. I am using active inspire v 2.3.65940. Is this a known bug? Is there a known solution?

    • #5053
      Anonymous
      Inactive

      Hi Jeremy,

      Thank you for your post.

      This is not something we’ve heard before, but we do suggest that you use the very latest version of ActivInspire which is version 2.4 available at http://www.prometheanplanet.com

      If the issue still persists, please provide us a copy of the .CSV file and tell us what is the version of your operating system.

      To provide us the .CSV file, go to http://www.prometheankb.com and click on “Contact Us”.

      Thank you for your cooperation.

      Miguel
      Promethean Technical Support
      (tecj support case #564081)

    • #5054
      Anonymous
      Inactive

      I am running Windows 7 and I’m using the latest version (2.4).  How do I send the CSV. file to you?

    • #5055
      Anonymous
      Inactive

      Hi Jeremy,

      I have sent you an email, please reply to this email with the .CSV file.

      I look forward to your reply.

      Thanks

    • #5056
      Anonymous
      Inactive

      I am having the same issue. Names look like this:

      Dominic %{1 M?}

      I would appreciate any help you could give. Thanks.

    • #5057
      Anonymous
      Inactive

      Go to settings language then change the language from English United States to English UK. Can’t believe it worked but it did.

    • #5058
      Anonymous
      Inactive

      Hi Jeremy,
      Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, it didn’t work for me. I even tried restarting the computer after I changed the language. I guess I’ll give tech support a call.

    • #5059
      Anonymous
      Inactive

      Hi Anthony,

      What is your current ActivInspire version? This can be checked by launching ActivInspire and clicking Help>About (Windows) or ActivInspire>About (MAC).

      If you are using a different version prior to 2.4, please use the check for updates feature and update.
      In instances were this has occured we have seen that changing the language from English United States to English United Kingdom will fix the issue.

      If your still experiencing this issue please do not hesitate to get in touch directly. 

      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

    • #5060
      Anonymous
      Inactive

      Had the same issue beginning with an upgrade made in May. I tried Jeremy’s language fix and it worked for me (Thank you Jeremy!!). Using English (US) or just English resulted in the odd characters, but when I selected English (UK) all was good. I switched back and forth between the 3 many times, each time restarting the program and only UK resolved the issue.

      Some details that might be helpful.
      Windows 7
      Activinspire 2.4.66096
      Activdriver V 5.8.46.3
      Activexpressions

    • #5061
      Anonymous
      Inactive

      I had this same problem, and the UK English trick worked!

    • #5062
      Anonymous
      Inactive

      I have the same problem on a Mac 10.10.4 and Inspire 2.4.66096. Changing the language does not change the way the students name appear. Any other suggestions.

    • #5063
      Anonymous
      Inactive

      @BigD – I had to restart the program multiple times and it didn’t appear to work at first, but once I actually went to assign the devices the odd characters disappeared. I’m on Windows 7, but hopefully that is not the issue. Good luck!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.