- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago by Anonymous.
January 21, 2015 at 9:01 pm #318Eric AndersonParticipant
Having troubles using my on-screen keyboard. I keep getting the following message when I click on the on-screen keyboard icon – “On-screen keyboard is not installed on this computer.” I have used the keyboard before, so I am not sure what has happened?
January 21, 2015 at 9:27 pm #4080AnonymousInactive
Eric, when you go into Settings, to the Settings tab, is the “Use
keyboard supplied with operating system” box checked. If it is, why
don’t you un-check it and try again. Or if it’s un-checked, check it,
and try bringing the keyboard up again.
That said, I tried it
both ways with my Mac just now, which I recently upgraded to
ActivInspire 2.3, and the on-screen keyboard did not come up either way on that,
while it comes up both ways on my PC also running 2.3.
January 22, 2015 at 9:48 am #4081AnonymousInactive
Hi Eric .
Are you using Windows or Mac OS?
There is an issue with the current version of ActivInspire (2.3) loading the on screen keyboard with Mac as Geno has mentioned. I will raise this with our software development team to look at and hopefully implement a fix in the future.
There is a work around for MAC users however. This should place the operating system keyboard tool up at the toolbar next to the time. You will go to your system preferences > keyboard > input sources and check the box at the bottom that says “show input menu in menu bar”. Once you see the keyboard tool, click on it and select show keyboard viewer.
Case 00483641 has been created should you wish to contact us direct about this issue.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.1.200 (released 20 September 2021)
- Release notes for Radix agent v1.27.1 (released 25 August 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.1.0 (released 16 August 2021)
- Release notes for ActivInspire 2.22 (released 2 August 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.5.2 (released 30 June 2021)