Software Solutions
Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      apowellapowell
      Participant

A teacher has said that she is unable to reduce the width of the page browser in ActivStudio.

I have tried logged in as Administrator and am not able to either, I can only increase the width.

Any help would be great, We are running version 2.17.68075

Thanks

Alison

Hi Alison,

You should be able to drag the edge of the browser to move the width of this however there is a default minimum width:

https://secure.screenrec.com/UYZhp1yaNA

Kind regards,
      Adam

Promethean Support

Victoria LatzVictoria Latz
      Participant

I, too, would like to decrease my browser width.  The old version allowed a narrow browser, so I could see my upcoming pages of my flipchart, but they were too small for the students to comprehend.  With the new minimum width, the only way to make the individual pages small is to make several columns of pages.  This works, but the working width of my screen is narrower and the right edge of my flipcharts is under the main toolbox (docked right), which I do not want to get rid of.  Could the new “minimum width” be made narrower again, please?

Thank you,

Vicky Latz

Hi Vicky,

Thanks for posting.

Can you confirm what version of ActivInspire you have installed and what your current screen resolution is set to?

Does your ActivInspire browser width look like the below:
      https://secure.screenrec.com/UYZhp1yaNA

Kind regards,
      Adam

Promethean Technical Support

Alicia MelanconAlicia Melancon
      Participant

I am having the same issue. I am running on the 2.19.69200. Any help would be appreciated. I am doing virtual lessons with my students and the width of the page browser gets in our way.

HELP!!!

Thanks in advance

Alicia

Ronnie GreenRonnie Green
      Participant

What do we need to do to fix the page browser so it can be smaller like the old version?  I have a computer screen that is 1366 x 768 but my board is set at 1024 X 768. My version is 2.18.68238.

Paul ArtusPaul Artus
      Participant

Is there an answer to this? I find this incredibly frustrating.

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello,

This issue has been passed to our Development team.

We cannot confirm when/if this change will be made to ActivInspire.

Please keep an eye on software update notes, released to the community.

Thank you,

Craig

Affie CochAffie Coch
      Participant

I’d just like to add that this feature of having a set size not only covers half of the flip when I am trying to teach (I often teach in design mode as it works well for me) but makes it nearly impossible to easily copy and paste slides when you are editing lessons. For example, today I need to reteach half a lesson and add tomorrow’s lesson to it.  It’s terrible to navigate, and the only option to have it as 3 wide illegible tiles or giant tiles that can only fit on 2 1/2 at a time makes this horrible to work with.

example

Hello Affie,

Thank you for your post.

As previously advised, users should be able to drag the edge of the page browser to adjust its width.

Could you confirm if you are able to adjust it or if it keeps covering the flipchart you are currently working on?

Please, be informed that our software developers are currently working on new enhancements that allow users to adjust the width as they like.

If you wish to be informed of future updates, please subscribe to the announcements on this community portal.

Thank you and kind regards,

Arianna

Promethean Technical Support

Affie CochAffie Coch
      Participant

Apologies for the delay in responding. I am not able to adjust it to be smaller, only larger that the size in the picture I posted. This makes it impossible to have it open during lessons, and incredibly awkward to use when planning. When planning I can only see 2 pages at a time, which when copying and pasting between flips is awkward and really quite annoying and impractical.

Adam H PrometheanAdam H Promethean
      Senior Moderator

Hi Alfie,

If you can’t make the browser any thinner, it sounds like it may have reached the current minimum width. If you set the browser to floating, it should hide itself when not in use so that more of your flipchart is being shown.

During the planning stages, have you tried using the grid view so that you can see more of your flipchart pages at once?

Kind regards,
      Adam H

Affie CochAffie Coch
      Participant

Thanks for your reply adam. The issue is that the new minimum width is incredibly awkward to use. I was wondering if that was likely to change or if there is a way I can install an older version with the slimmer minimum width. The grid view doesn’t show enough as it’s too small and at the new minimum width the list view is too wide to it shows too much.

Karen PrometheanKaren Promethean

Hello Alfie,

Were you able to try the floating option for the browser as suggested by Adam?

We do have an enhancement request with our developers to allow the user to make the browser bar smaller.

Also, you may close the browser (by clicking the x) and reopen as needed by going to View and selecting Browsers.

Kind Regards,

Karen

Troy GTroy G
      Participant

Adding my voice to the absolute frustration of this.

BEFORE: Could resize the Resource Browser to around 5% of the size of the width of the screen, on the left.

Use case: When using the software, standing at the front of the class, the teacher could see the information, but the students would really be able to see the information from where they are sitting (at their desks).

NOW: The Resource Browser takes up more screen space and we lose the functionality to hid information from the students.

NOW: minimum screen space takes about about 20% of my screen and I can’t resize it down. I can resize it up to about 40% of my screen (which is absolutely useless).

Frankly, this “improvement” absolutely sucks.

Software version:
      Promethean ActivInspire Professional Edition version 2.18.68238 Promethean Ltd.

The update check was successful. You currently have the latest version for your language.

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello Troy,

Thank you for your post.

We have raised the issue with our Development team. As mentioned earlier, we cannot confirm when/if this issue will be resolved in the next update to the software.

Please keep an eye on the announcement sections on the community for all updates.

Kind regards,

Craig

Meredith FischerMeredith Fischer
      Participant

I know this has been addressed in this thread, but I have to put in the strongest possible request to be able to resize the page browser to a much smaller width, as you could before the most recent update.  The current minimum width is so large that it makes the flipchart borderline unusable since it takes up so much of the screen and allows the students to see upcoming slides.  The page browser is a huge distraction now.

As the resident ActivInspire “expert” in my department, I’ve had many teachers as me “What happened?  Why did they do this?  Can they change it back?”

Also, the scroll bar on the page browser is so small now that it is very difficult to grab it with your mouse, let alone the ActivBoard pen.  Please make it bigger!!

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Software Solutions’ is closed to new topics and replies.