Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      John SmithJohn Smith
      Participant

Suddenly today all of our Promethean Boards stopped working with Screen Share. Our users are getting a Panel ID Error on the app when trying to connect. I’ve tried updating both the Promethean Board firmware and the Screen Share app, but the problem remains. Any tips or ideas?

Anthony TridgellAnthony Tridgell
      Participant

Same here. I was thinking it may be something on our network, but seeing as we’re not the only ones, it’s gotta be something on their end.

Michael SteinmetzMichael Steinmetz
      Participant

Same here as well entire school went down???

Michael LawrenceMichael Lawrence
      Participant

Same thing going on here in our district. Seems to have started today based on the amount of tickets that started coming in today.

Paul HorseyPaul Horsey
      Participant

We are having the same issue, any update on a fix??

James PrometheanJames Promethean

Hi all,

Thanks for your posts.

We are having some intermittent server issues which are affecting Screen Share at the moment.

We hope to get this resolved quickly.

There have been some changes made which require further network considerations to be applied.

Please see article 1796 for the latest changes.

Thanks

James

Ceth EslickCeth Eslick
        Participant

Unless I missed it the last time, an additional IP address has been added to the article. I’m not sure if that has anything to do with the outage or not, but if the article is going to be periodically updated, the changes should be noted on the announcements board so that subscribed users can be automatically alerted.

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi Ceth,

The network considerations article has not been updated since around September?  The server outage has been resolved now so everything should be back up and running.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Thanks

Paul

Ceth EslickCeth Eslick
        Participant

Hi Paul,

It was unclear if the article had something to do with the resolution to the problem (perhaps a server you just added, for example) since it was posted in response to a problem that everyone just now experienced.  There is also no timestamp on the article that I can see, so anyone wanting to know if their settings need to be updated has to periodically go through their whitelisted IP addresses one at a time just in case something has changed.

Also, if a service goes down that affects all of your customers there should be someplace we can go to learn this.  Otherwise, multiple posts are created here, and multiple unnecessary support tickets get created.  Screenshare is major selling point of these panels and I suspect most schools depend on it in some way.

Paul HorseyPaul Horsey
      Participant

All working again

Thanks

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.