July 14, 2020 at 11:33 pm #29662Shawna PaoParticipant
We have a 2 MacBook Airs running Catalina, and one of them is having difficulty using the pen with the whiteboard.
One of the MacBooks work just fine and is able to use the pen with the whiteboard. For the other MacBook, the pen is able to trace where you go, but no ink is displayed on the board. The pen also cannot open up outside apps.
We’re unsure what could be causing it since we set up both MacBooks identically. Do you have any suggestions on what we could do?
July 15, 2020 at 3:26 pm #29670Noel PrometheanModerator
When connecting a Mac running macOS 10.14 or later to an ActivBoard or an ActivPanel, if ActivDriver is not working and you have no interaction, or if the Mac gestures are not working, you will need to enable activhardwareservice and activmgr.
Please note that you will need admin access to make the below changes.
Go to System Preferences and select Security & Privacy.
Click the Privacy tab.
For macOS 10.15 Catalina or later, select Input Monitoring.
Click the lock to make changes.
Find activhardwareservice and activmgr in the list and check the box next to each entry to enable it.
If they are not present, click the + to add them manually from the ActivDriver folder on your Mac.
If an entry is already enabled, click the – to remove it, then re-add it.
Click the lock again to solidify the changes.
Please click on link below for the reference article.
Hope this helps.
Promethean Technical Support
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release Notes for myPromethean Portal 1.3 (released 23 July 2020)
- Release Notes for Screen Share (released 23 July 2020)
- Release Notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.1.0 (released 23 July 2020)
- Release Notes for ActivInspire v2.19.69200 (released 3 June 2020)
- Release Notes for myPromethean Portal v1.2.1 (released 28 May 2020)