Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Karrie GaletkaKarrie Galetka
      Participant

I have a board using ActivInspire and we’re running Windows 10 and only one teacher has this issue. When using the pen, it is spotty, or jagged; so more like dashes than a straight line. I have unplugged the power to the board and plugged in. I have tried a different USB cable to the computer as well as re-calibrating. I have tried this with 2 different pens and it’s the same outcome. It is running firmware v8.07 build 2, Driver Version V 5.8.46.3. The bottom says: Version 5.11.7. I have considered uninstalling and reinstalling ActivInspire. Thoughts?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Karrie,

We have recently released a new driver to help with issues with Windows 10. Can you please remove your current driver and then go to http://www.PrometheanKB.com and search for article 10902 to download.

Once you have updated the driver please test the interaction again.

Thank you,

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

Seems to have worked. Grateful and thanks.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ok, well it is continuing now after some usage. Other thoughts?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Karrie,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Can you confirm that driver 5.12 is installed and that you removed your current driver before installing the latest driver?

Also can you please provide us with the model number of your ActivBoard and the firmware (this can be found in your ActivManager control panel).

Thanks,

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

Firmware: v8.07 build 2
      ModelABV378PRO
      Yes, I did uninstall first and reinstall.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I also tried a different computer and to reiterate a different USB cord. Firmware?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Karrie,

Thanks for posting.

We’ll send you the firmware outside of this thread. To upgrade the firmware please follow article 10800 at http://www.prometheankb.com.

I’m hoping this will resolve the issue, though if not we’d like to know a little more about the issue. In particular, if you can respond to the email we send with a flipchart or screenshot showing the issue, we’d like to review further.

In particular, this type of issue could be hardware related, and if so we’d like to troubleshoot further and may ultimately need to revert to warranty for which we’d need to be in contact over the phone or via email.

I’m hoping this resolves the issue but please let us know.

Thank you,
      Daniel
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Can you please send the file to me at galetkak@colheights.k12.mn.us? Thanks

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.