Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Nicholas OsbonNicholas Osbon
      Participant

I’m trying to figure out what one specific device is doing to make the pen connection drop the second the pen is used on the board. Other laptops hook up to the board and have no connectivity issues, but this one device is different. When you plug in the VGA and USB the screen comes up and the flame is white, but the second the pen is used on the board, the USB disconnects from the laptop (the noise sounds) and the white flame completely turns off. No amount of rebooting the device, board, or reseating cables on the system board makes it come back. However, if you hook it back up to another device, it comes back right away. There is something about this one device that is causing the pen to shut down, and I am struggling to find a reason why.

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for your post.

Can you help to confirm what model of ActivBoard you are using?

You have mentioned that other laptops hook up to the ActivBoard with no issues.

Are the issues relating to one specific laptop?

Can you help to confirm the ActivDriver and firmware versions you are using.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Participant

It is a 300 series board. The issue was happening before and after installing the latest drivers from the site. Previous Activmanager Version 5.12.17, updated to 5.18.18, Board firmware V8.04 Build 4, Board Driver Verison V 5.8.46.3

All the issues are only happening to one laptop on any board. I was hoping to see if there was something else in the hardware that could affect the connectivity this way.

Hi Nicholas,

I’ve not seen any issues like this previously being reported with the ActivBoard and as you’ve mentioned, it’s just affecting one laptop, if this was the hardware it would perform the same across multiple computers.

You are more than welcome to see the below article and potentially update your ActivBoard firmware to see if this helps, however I would suspect that this could be a driver conflict on the computer.

You could try logging in with a local admin account that’s not part of the network and see if the same issue occurs. If the issue stopped, this could indicate a profile issue.

I hope this information helps.

Adam

Promethean Support

Participant

I was meaning any computer hardware that might make the board disconnect, but I understand. I have also tried with a local admin account and the issue persists. Thank you for your help.

Hi Nicholas,

Please try the firmware to see if this helps and let us know the outcome.

Thanks

Adam

Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.