Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      CiaraCiara
      Participant

My ActivPen randomly stopped working.

It would not calibrate with the board or would allow me to check 3 of the crosses and then go back to the beginning.

Now it doesnt work at all but the colour of the flame changes from white to red when I touch it off the board. I have tried disconnecting the USB and restarting the computer.

The pen is only a couple of months old!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Ciara,

Thank you for posting on the Support Community.

With regard to the issue you have described please could you try and remove the USB cable from the computer and turn the ActivBoard off from the mains socket and leave for 10 minutes. Once powered back on please recalibrate.

If the issue persists I would recommend contacting us directly for further assistance.
      You can either fill in a contact form on http://www.PrometheanKB.com or alternatively a full list of technical support numbers are available on article 10860 on our knowledge base.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

the problem is that i do not have the option to calibrate. it cannot detect the hardware. i have tried your fixes. any other solutions? 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Ciara,

Thanks for getting back to us. Does the ActivBoard show in ActivManager at all? Could you also check what version of ActivDriver you have installed?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks for your reply. I did not have any ActivManager showing at all, let alone the board being visible.

However, I updated the driver and followed the above link where I was able to find a fix for it.

It turns out that the USB device had to be updated (odd? because I had not turned off the computer?). I did that, recalibrated and I havent had a problem since.

I think these fixes should be a bit more obvious on the website, almost all of my programmes have an interactive element. Kids were lost without the pen. using the mouse isnt half as exciting. I trawled through the website for hours before leaving school last friday and again monday and tuesday without any luck before i was able to find out how to fix it. 

For others with this problem, this is the link to the article which solved my problem, it might work for you too. 

http://ems02006.egain.net/system/selfservice.controller

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Ciara,

That’s great, thank you for getting back us.

We will of course take your comments on board.

If you have any further issues please let us know,

Craig

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.