What is ActivInspire?
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Jim PicardJim Picard
      Participant

The pen will make a small dot where it is first in contact with the board, but will not write. The program will all me to draw with the mouse and the mouse follows the pen as I drag it around the board, but the writing action seems to cut out after the first dot. Same happens with all tools (highlighter, eraser, etc.)

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am having the same issue.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Jim & Kathryn,

Thanks for posting. Can you please confirm the following so that we can advise you accordingly:

– What is the model of ActivBoard that you have installed?
      – Is this issue the same in other programs such as paint?
      – What versions of ActivInspire and ActivDriver are you running?
      – What operating system are you using?
      – What is the version of firmware showing as being installed in ActivManager.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
      Paul

Promethean Technical Support

(Support Case: 634653)

Anonymous
      Inactive

The program write/draws perfectly in “Paint”, but only shows the initial point of contact in ActivInspire. I tried changing the settings for Touch or stylus, etc., within the pen options in the Settings menu, but it had no effect.

My version of ActivInspire is the newest one as all these issues seemed to stem from the new update.

ActivInspire Professional Edition version 2.6.66568

I am on Windows 8.1 Pro (Intel 64-bit operating system)

Driver: 5.12.17 for the 64-bit operating system

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello,

To enable us to help can you please confirm what model of ActivBoard you have? You can find the model of ActivBoard on a sticker on the actual ActivBoard.

Also can you please provide the firmware? You will find the firmware in your ActivManager control panel.

We also need to know if the issue persists in paint?

Thank you,

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

The problem does NOT exist in paint. The pen draws perfectly in paint, no cutting out or jumping issues at all.
      I firmly believe this is a software issue with the latest update to ActivInspire v2

Anonymous
      Inactive

I do not have an activboard. I only have the professional version of the software. Thus no board number or firmware for activBoard. The software has always run well and the board and pen I use (eno) are working correctly. I do not believe it is a hardware issue as the pen otherwise works with all programs and registers but will not “drag” or slide within ActivInspire.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

As the software is updated to work with newer operating systems, the way that touch is handled by these has changed and our software has been adapted to work with these changes.

This has led to some issues with third party hardware which can often be resolved by downgrading your installation of ActivInspire to 2.4. I will email you a download link to this version.

In the meantime our software team are looking at the root cause of this issue and hope to have a fix in place in a future release of ActivInspire.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind Regards,
      Paul

Anonymous
      Inactive

Uninstalling 2.6 and re-installing version 2.4 seems to have fixed the issue. Paul, thanks for your help. Hopefully that frustrating issue is behind me. Many blessings, Jim

Anonymous
      Inactive

Latest version of Active Inspire was causing the same jumping issue on our interactive pen display. Uninstalling and installing version v2.4.66096 solved the problem. May I suggest that you provide links of previous version of the software on the support page? It took me ages to find on Google. Regards, Flavien

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

We will pass your suggestion about the link for ActivInspire 2.4 to the relevant department.

Thank you

Miguel

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello,

We are currently looking into the issue and our software team are looking into the fix. We are not sure on the time-scale as of yet.

At the moment we are unabel to provide links for older version of the software on the forums.

If you do require an older version of the software please do not hesitate to contact us and we can look into the issue and provide you with the best resolution.

thank you,

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

How do we get a link for version 2.4?  I am having the same issue.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Ryan,

We are currently looking into the issue and our software team is looking into the fix. We are not sure on the time-scale as of yet.

At the moment we are unable to provide links for older versions of the software on the forums.

Please contact our technical support department for further trouble shooting help.

support.prometheanworld.com
      Scroll to the bottom and click on the Promethean Support link.

Thank You,
      Frances

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.