Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      elizabethhartelizabethhart
      Participant

I have a Promethean Board 378 Pro, the pen works fine until I freeze the screen.  While the screen is frozen I go to some websites, usually to check email and take attendance.  Then I unfreeze the screen and try to write on the board – nothing happens.  I have to shut the computer all the down and restart fresh.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

With regard to this issue, when you freeze the screen, are you using the button on the projector remote?
      Is the USB cable removed at all from the computer or moved at all?

Please ensure that you have the latest ActivDriver installed on your computer for best interaction with your ActivBoard.
      This can be downloaded from the link below:
      https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activdriver

Thanks,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Adam,

Yes, I am using the button on the projector remote to freeze and unfreeze.  The USB cable is not removed and does not move.  I have the most current ActivDriver.  I am using a MacBook Pro with OS 10.11 on it.  I am uncertain whether the ActivDriver will work with the newest OS 10.12, so I have not updated it – yet.

Any other ideas?

Beth

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for your reply.

We wouldn’t recommend upgrading to Mac OS Sierra 10.12 yet as we do not current support this operating system.

Please could you let us know, after you have turned off the freeze feature on the projector, if you go to the ActivManager icon and Select Control Panel, do you see your ActivBoard listed? 
      If so, what is the current firmware version?
      Please could you help to provide the model number of your ActivBoard? This can be found near the serial number on a sticker on your ActivBoard, usually located on the bottom left of your board.

If you re-calibrate your ActivPen on the ActivBoard, does this start to get the pen interaction working again?

Thanks,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support.

Anonymous
      Inactive

No the ActivBoard is not listed, we have to disconnect from the computer and reconnect before finding the board again. 

The ActivBoard is V8.04, model:  ABV378pro 

We can not re-calibrate the pen until the board is found again.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for the update.

I would recommend performing a firmware upgrade for this model of ActivBoard.
      The firmware can be downloaded from the link below:
      https://promethean.app.box.com/s/d2ci3xg1tp8qp6v8ohp27536nx7abpny
      Instructions on how to upgrade the firmware can be found on the below link:
      https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1038

Please could you let us know if this helps?

Thanks,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.