Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Tracy MagnanTracy Magnan
      Participant

I have a new Promethean board and I’m having an issue my IT guy can’t seem to fix. The calibration is way off when I’m trying to use a flip chart.  Calibration is fine when using it as an extension on my desktop. But when I open activ inspire and try to write on  or click on menu buttons on a flip chart, the calibration is off by several inches.  Desktop annotation has the same issue. It also seems to get worse as you move toward the top/bottom of the board.
      we cannot figure this out! Help!!

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello Tracy,

Thank you for your post.

We do not officially support an extended desktop. If you change the display to cloned/duplicated, do you get the same issue?

We do have a support article that will help you when using an extended display, please take a look at article 1803.

Please let us know if you continue to have issues.

Kind regards,

Craig

Tracy MagnanTracy Magnan
      Participant

The extended desktop is fine. It’s when I’m actually using the Activ Software.

The point I was making about the desktop is that the pen actually tracks correctly for that-I misspoke when I said extended- I meant duplicate. It’s when I open Activ and have a blank flipchart open.  The flip chart does not work at all with the pen.

Karen PrometheanKaren Promethean

Hello Tracy,

Thank you for that information.

Please ensure you are using the latest version of ActivInspire (2.21) and upgrade if needed at the following link:  https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/-activinspire-/

Next, if the issue persists, please check the Dual Mode settings in ActivInspire.

To do so, please launch ActivInspire then look in the upper left corner and select File, scroll down and select Settings, then in the Edit Profiles popup box select Dual Mode ActivBoards from the list located to the left (should be 3rd selection down).

Please compare the settings in the 4 drop down boxes to the right with the settings recommended in the following article (settings are based on the model of board/panel in use):  https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1013/

Please let us know if you have any questions – we are happy to assist.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Karen

Tracy MagnanTracy Magnan
      Participant

PenThat did not work. Here is a still from a videoing took  of what is happening Calibration issue

In the middle it’s close, but as I go closer to the top or bottom of board the distance widens.

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi Tracy,

Unfortunately I cannot see your pictures.  Can you check in the pens tab of ActivManager, is it set to mouse or tablet mode?  Try switching to see if that makes a difference?

Can you also confirm the version of ActivDriver installed and the displayed firmware version in the hardware tab.

We look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Paul

Promethean Technical Support

Tracy MagnanTracy Magnan
      Participant

I am using 2.18. I’m being told that’s the version my entire district is using and that I am having a unique problem. Nobody else’s boards are doing what mine is doing.
      my IT guy is reinstalling the software. I’m hoping this works. If not, I will be back.

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for your reply.  I am hopeful that it will work but if not please let us know the firmware version installed and if switching between mouse and tablet mode within ActivManager makes a difference.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,

Paul

Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.