Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      EricEric
      Participant

I have been using my promethean board, primarily as a white board for notes all year. Last week, all my pens stopped working. They do not appear to communicate with the board in any way. I replaced them and the new pens are not doing anything either. suggestions?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Which version of the ActivDriver is installed on the computer used with the board in question?  If needed, the up-to-date version 5.10 ActivDriver can be downloaded from Article 10902 on our Promethean Knowledge Base (http://www.prometheankb.com).

On the board, what color is the light in the upper left corner of the board’s surface?  Does that color change when the USB cable is plugged in or when the pens contact anywhere on the board’s surface?  If the board has an amplifier built in to the left side of the board, please check the On/Standby button on the amplifier; if it is red, press it so it becomes green.  Does this affect the connection stats shown in the ActivManager or the flame in the upper left corner of the board? 

If the USB connection from the computer to the board uses any additional hardware (e.g. an extension cable, a booster or other adapter, or a wallbox), please instead connect directly from the computer to the board using only a single length of A-to-B USB cable running from a USB port on the computer to the Electronics on the board.  Generally, the electronics will be behind the upper left corner of the board.  Does connecting to the board’s electronics in this manner help the computer recognize a connection to the ActivBoard? 

If none of the above steps have any effect on the connection, please contact Technical Support for assistance via Phone or E-mail.

(Support Case 00498402)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.