December 20, 2020 at 8:51 pm #31928Orla BrennanParticipant
Hello, my pen for the whiteboard has stopped working on my board. It will work for a few minutes when I turn on and off the computer and whiteboard but then stops. I have updated it to the recent version and I have also tried the pen on another board and it works on that. I have plugged in the usb cable to different ports and it is still not working. Can you tell me what else I can try please?
Product code: ABV378400
December 21, 2020 at 12:27 pm #31940Adam H PrometheanSenior Moderator
Thanks for your post. In order to help you further, please answer the following questions:
- What is the colour of the flame in the top-left corner of the board?
- What is the colour of the amplifier button on the left-hand side of your board?
- What version of ActivDriver is currently installed on your computer? (https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1012)
- What operating system is currently installed on the computer connected to the ActivBoard?
- Is the computer connected to the ActivBoard by a single USB cable or does the USB cable go into a faceplate/wallbox/extension box?
- When you open the ActivManager control panel, is the ActivBoard detected?
- If so, what is the current firmware version of the ActivBoard? (https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1584)
- How long does the pen work for before it stops?
- Does the pen stop working after opening a specific application or performing a specific action?
- When the pen stops working, has the flame in the top-left corner changed colour?
- When the pen stops working, does the board remain detected in the ActivManager control panel?
Apologies for all the questions, but we would like to fully understand the issue so that we can best advise you on the next steps.
March 26, 2021 at 5:46 pm #33083Maya SalloumParticipant
I recently downloaded the new ActivInspire version. After writing with my pen on my laptop for a few minutes, the pen stops writing, but can still scroll and select on the toolbar. This is not happening with any other application on my laptop. If I close the flipchart and open it again, the pen tool works.
The pen tool is also lagging in general. When I’m writing with my pen, some words or letters come out as dots or connect to each other.
What can I do to fix this?
March 29, 2021 at 4:04 pm #33097Charles PrometheanParticipant
Thanks for your post. In order to assist you further, please answer the following questions:
What operating system is currently installed on the computer?
Can you please provide the version number of ActivInspire that you are using?
Does the pen work properly on an activboard?
I know it is a lot of questions, but we would like to understand the issue in more detail so that we can best advise you on the next steps.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.13 (US release 29 January 2021 / Global release 5 February 2021)
- Release notes for ActivInspire v2.21 (released 5 January 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.3.0 (released 16 December 2020) and v4.3.1 (released 7 January 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.4 (released 2 December 2020)
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)