Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Mairéad O DwyerMairéad O Dwyer
      Participant

Hello, an older activinspire whiteboard was moved from another room where it wasn’t being used to my classroom. However the pens that come with it are not working. I downloaded the software for activ inspire from your website but do I need to pay for an upgrade for the pens to work or is there another solution?

Thank you

James PrometheanJames Promethean

Hi Mairéad,

Thanks for your post.

In order for the pens to interact with the PC, you will need:

1. A stable connection between the PC and the ActivBoard using a USB cable (no longer than 3m ideally).
      2. ActivDriver installed on the PC.

There may be some other factors to consider depending on the model of your ActivBoard.

Is there a product code or model number mentioned on a label anywhere on the ActivBoard? Such as ABV378PRO, PRM-AB2-01 or similar?

Thanks

James

Promethean Technical Support

Participant

Hi James,

I downloaded that driver. Pens worked okay, then I went to annotate an ebook and they stopped working. I went back to the flipcharts to see if the pen would work there but they did not work there also. I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and pens worked but I then tried to do the same thing and annotate a page but the pens stopped working.

My product code is ABV378PRO My serial number is ************.

Hope you can help, thank you, Mairéad

James PrometheanJames Promethean

Hi Mairéad,

Thanks for your reply.

This might be down to the firmware of the ActivBoard needing an update.

Depending on your PC’s version of operating system and the ActivBoard’s current firmware version, this might involve one or possibly even two separate updates.

You can check the current firmware version by opening the ActivManager control Panel using the little white icon in the taskbar.

If your ActivBoard’s firmware is currently at a lower version than 8.10 (build 7) then this must be installed first.

To install 8.10 (build 7) to the ActivBoard, you will need to download it to your PC from here, open the ActivManager control Panel from the icon in the task bar, select the ActivBoard under the hardware tab,  Click the “update” button and then select “file”.

You should find the firmware file in the downloads folder.

Once you have found it, load it and wait for the progress bar to fill.

Once this has been done, you can then carry out the second firmware update in almost the exact same manner. Only this time you will want to select “internet” instead of “file”. You should be offered version 8.12.4.

Once this has been installed you will need to reset the ActivBoard by turning it off using the side button and disconnecting the USB cable.

The PC will also need to be restarted.

This should resolve the interaction issues you are experiencing.

If at any point the firmware fails to install, please disconnect the ActivBoard from the mains, and connect the PC directly to the ActivBoard’s USB input port as per the image in this article and try again.

Once both firmware updates have been done, you can reconnect the mains and rewire the ActivBoard as it was before.

Please refer to article 1779 for further guidance on this process.

Thanks

James

Participant

Hi James,

The activinspire icon has disappeared from the task bar so I cannot click on the icon to get to the control panel. Can you let me know how I can access the control panel? Also I was told that the pens are not working because my windows 10 version 20H2 is causing problems with the pens working. Is this correct? Thank you, Mairéad

Slim PrometheanSlim Promethean

Good morning Mairéad,

Thank you for your reply.

Indeed; when using an ActivBoard 300 Series with a Windows 10 computer, the board’s firmware needs to be upgraded to the latest 8.12.4 HID version to work properly with the PC.

If you are struggling to locate the ActivDriver icon (not ActivInspire), please refer to this article to manually open the driver so you can locate the icon on your taskbar again.

Once this is done, please follow the instructions in the above post to upgrade your board’s firmware to the correct version.

We hope this helps solve your issue.

Please let us know if we can be of any other assistance.

Kind regards,
      Slim

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.