Software Solutions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Adam K Promethean Adam K Promethean 1 month ago.

• Author
    Alexandre Benincasa
    Alexandre Benincasa
    Participant

Hello everyone!

I’m a teacher, and I work with ActivInspire in my lessons. I always have to play videos and some sound files.
    Such files are embedded in the flipchart. So, when I show that specific page, the file is automatically played.

Before I had this problem, I used to embed the file in the flipchart and could play it without any problem. Unfortunately, now that doesn’t work anymore: when I show a specific flipchart with a video, for instance, my MacBook opens another window (QuickTime) to play it. I’m using Mojave.

What I want to do is the following: I want a way to have ActivInspire play my videos and mp3 files embedded in the flipchart without opening them in a new window. I want ActivInspire to show a video, for instance, in the flipchart it is embedded.

How could I do that?

Wait for your reply

Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for your post.

This is the expected behaviour for embedded files on flipcharts when using ActivInspire on a Mac as this video content requires QuickTime to be used to play the content.

We can raise an enhancement with our software development team to review to see if they are able to have this play within the flipchart itself.

Should this be implemented, please look at the announcement section on the Community for the release notes for ActivInspires latest update.

Thanks

Adam

Promethean Support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.