October 8, 2019 at 9:11 am #17851
I am starting to get reports around my schools that some teachers cannot power on their Panels via the power button on the panel or the remote. If they power off at the wall and turn back on they will work again but eventually end up with the same issue.
It seems to be various models of panel.
Has anyone had this issue?
October 9, 2019 at 6:15 am #17867
Adam K PrometheanModerator
Thanks for posting.
This is not something that I have seen before, and I suspect if this is happening to different model of panels that this could be some interference that is causing the ActivPanel to not power on.
As a test, when you get one of the ActivPanels that doesn’t want to turn on, disconnect all additional cables besides the power cable and then try to turn on.
If this works, power off the ActivPanel again, and connect each cable one at a time and power on and off at each stage.
If there is a cable or source that is causing this issue you will be able to identify where this issue is happening.
If you have ActivPanels that aren’t having this issue, try using the same cables/computer configuration on one that is having this issue and see where the issue remains, I.E with the computer or ActivPanel.
If the above steps don’t help, we’d recommend contacting Promethean Technical Support directly and providing the serial numbers of the ActivPanels affected and the outcome of these steps.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release Notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4 (released 1st October 2019)
- Release Notes for ClassFlow v6.8 (released to US users 6 September 2019)
- Release Notes for myPromethean Portal, Panel Management and User Management (released 16th August 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4 for use with ActivPanel Elements Series (released 16th August 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v3.2 (released 16th August 2019)