Projectors

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Adam K Promethean Adam K Promethean 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I have a PRM-45 projector in a classroom that will not power on properly, you can hear the fans start up but the bulb does not light up. The only LED light lit up is power and it blinks 5 times with a brief pause and then repeats.

Would anyone know the cause? I thought it might be the bulb but the Lamp LED is not on at all.

Anonymous

Hi Jay,

Thank you for posting.

From the LED sequence you have mentioned, the lamp has failed.
    We would recommend testing another known working lamp in the projector and seeing if you continue to have the same issue.
    If your projector is within warranty, please contact Promethean Support directly and provide the serial number and also the lamp hours (pressing Status on the remote when a working lamp is in the projector) and they will advise further.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

James Maher
    James Maher
    Participant

My projector’s green light flashes once then pauses then flashes twice… PRM 45

Hi James,

Thank you for your post.

The sequence you mentioned is not a recognizable one. As such, we would recommend that you power the unit down and remove it from power for at least 30 minutes.

We would recommend testing another known working lamp in the projector and seeing if you continue to have the same issue.

If your projector is within warranty, please contact Promethean Support directly and provide the serial number and they will advise further.

Kind Regards,
      Maggie

Promethean Technical Support

Henry Veal
    Henry Veal
    Participant

I have a PRM 45A projector that will not power up. When turned on, the fan runs and the power light initially flashes 20 times and then drops to 5 times. The lamp never comes on. The temp and Lamp indicators never come on. I also noticed that the LAN activity light flashes but it’s not connected the network. The bulb hasn’t been replaced. Any ideas what it could be?

Hi Henry Veal,

Thanks for posting.

If the Power LED flashes 5x in sequence after the initial 20x, then this would indicate that the lamp has failed.

I would recommend testing another known working lamp inside the projector and see if you continue to have any issues.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Promethean Support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.