August 23, 2019 at 11:43 am #16870Stephanie HarrisParticipant
Have a PRM30 projector. As the day progressed yesterday, growing and moving black spots appeared on screen. Is this a potential lamp issue? Or something else?
August 26, 2019 at 12:25 pm #16887Jarrad PrometheanModerator
If the Projector’s on-screen menu is affected by these spots, then swapping in a working lamp and leaving the power disconnected from the projector for 30 minutes or so would be two steps we would recommend to determine whether or not the Projector is at cause for this behavior.
If the on-screen menu is not affected, we would recommend that any VGA or video cabling be swapped out, as well.
In either case, if the Projector’s filter has been in use for more than 3000 hours (You can check this in the Projector’s menu (Menu > Setting > Filter Counter)), we would recommend that it be replaced.
If none of these steps has any effect on this behavior, the issue would likely be with the Projector’s internal components.
As these components are not user-serviceable and the Projector’s warranty has expired, we would recommend reaching out to Panasonic ((855) 772-8324) to enquire about an out-of-warranty repair or our sales team (888-652-2848; option 2) for information about pricing and availability of replacement solutions for that unit)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release Notes for ClassFlow v6.10 (released to US users 14 February 2020)
- Release Notes for Apps: Screen Share, Classroom Essential apps, myPromethean Mobile App (released 6 December 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v3.3 (released 6 December 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivDriver v5.18.18 (released 6 December 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.1 (released 6 December 2019)