Projectors
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      brian mcfaddenbrian mcfadden
      Participant

I am using a PRM 35 projector with an Ative board but the projector is not picking up the computer. I have changed VGA cables etc no use. The home screen comes up but the cooling fan runs and the screen goes blank. The menu will not appear when I use the remote. A message is coming up on my pc that the filter may need cleaned or changed but as far as I know there isn’t one.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your post.

Does the projected image show no signal or search for a source?

You’re right, this model does not have filters but does need to be wiped down to avoid a build-up of dust in the vents. Can you please ensure the projector is clean?

I would recommend removing the power cable from the projector for about 30 minutes and then reconnecting. Do you get the same issue?

Thank you,

Craig

Participant

Hi Craig,

thanks for the info. It doesn’t show no input or search for a source. The activision logo comes up and the screen then goes blank and the cooling fan comes on. The projector is clean.

Thanks

Brian

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your reply.

Are the power and lamp LEDs lit when you turn the projector on and, if so, do you notice a blinking sequence?

Have you tried to remove the power cable from the projector for about 30 minutes and before reconnecting it?

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Arianna

Promethean Technical Support

Participant

Hi Arianna,

the power light flashes for around 60 seconds then it stays on but nothing is coming on screen. All leads are connected and working. The menu doesn’t come on screen when I press the remote. I have a video of it I can send you if you give me your email address. Could it be the lamp perhaps?

Kind Regards

Brian

Kate PrometheanKate Promethean

Hi there Brian,

Thanks for your post.

I will send you an email now and open a case so that you can send us the video and we can troubleshoot further.

Kind regards,

Kate

Promethean Technical Support

home

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.