February 12, 2020 at 4:23 am #19085Stephen WilcoxParticipant
Hi, I bought a PRM 35 from a local school and when I plugged it in something went pop.
I am an electrical technician so I’d like to know where I would get replacement parts for this projector??
February 12, 2020 at 8:57 am #19094Adam K PrometheanModerator
Parts aren’t available for the projector, only through our authorised repair centre.
Usually when a pop is heard, this could indicate the lamp has exploded.
You can purchase replacement lamps if this is required from a Promethean reseller.
Alternatively, if you need the projector repairing, you can contact Promethean Technical Support and provide your serial number.
If the projector LED blinks through a sequence (with a known working lamp) then this will help indicate any internal faults.
February 12, 2020 at 11:55 pm #19099Stephen WilcoxParticipant
The projector doesn’t power up, no blinking lights but I also don’t have a remote for it either.
Do you sell remotes for these?
February 13, 2020 at 5:22 am #19101Adam K PrometheanModerator
Thanks for your reply.
You can purchase replacement lamps/remotes from a Promethean reseller:
The projector does require the remote to turn on, if the loud pop was heard from simply plugging in the power, this may still relate to a fault to the lamp which is the pop you heard, or possibly the internal power supply.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for myPromethean portal 1.3.1 (released 18 August 2020)
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.12 (released 15th August 2020 for US / 21st August 2020 globally)
- Release Notes for myPromethean Portal 1.3 (released 23 July 2020)
- Release Notes for Screen Share (released 23 July 2020)
- Release Notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.1.0 (released 23 July 2020)