Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Joakim RoussellJoakim Roussell
      Participant

Looking to see if anyone else has had the same issue.  I am looking to control a Promethean Titanium Series (Model: AP7-B75) via one way serial out of the IR port on an MPC 3 101. (Consultant design, not mine.)  I can’t get it to work at all.  I am able to control it using Extron processors doing one way serial out of IR port as well as Crestron devices out of a comm port.  But the same exact strings out of the IR port via one way serial do not work at all on Crestron branded devices only.  I have tested on other displays and this issue only seems to effect Promethean displays in my testing so far, as i can control other displays with Crestron IR port doing one way serial.  It is the strangest thing and goes against everything i know about serial communication.  Has anyone else run into this issue?  Did you find a solution?  Any information would be helpful.

Wendy PrometheanWendy

Hi Joakim,

Thank you for posting. While we have no further insights in to the connection in this matter,  is there a particular reason why you cannot use the standard RS232 to control the Titanium?

I’m linking the article below in case it provides any insights regarding your set-up:

Please do not hesitate to get back to us  if you have any questions, we’d be happy to help.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Wendy

Promethean Technical Support

home

Joakim RoussellJoakim Roussell
      Participant

Thank you for the response.  The reason I cannot use 2 way serial communication is the hardware limitation of the Crestron MPC3 101.  Had I designed the system I would have used the MPC3 102 which has a com port for 2 way serial communication.  Unfortunately The MPC3 101 only has IR port for one way serial communication.  It is strange though because I can get this to work using Extron gear out of IR port. I can also get control of other brand displays with Crestron out of IR port.  This is only a problem with Crestron and Promethean and only out of the IR port doing one way serial.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.