Software Solutions
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Christopher RogersChristopher Rogers
      Participant

I will try to add as much detail here as I can to see if this problem can be fixed. We are using MacOS with ActivInspire, both Catalina and Big Sur. We have ActivInspire version 2.21 and the latest ActivDriver for MacOs. When we use the Desktop Annotate tool we can interact with the desktop by writing and erasing but we cannot control the desktop itself meaning you cannot open tabs or click links, move files, etc. This functionality works well on a PC in that you just select the arrow from the toolbar and you can use the desktop. The only way to go back to using the desktop on the mac is to exit the annotate tool and then minimize the ActivInspire window.

I have already added the proper permissions to the system preferences security pane, so I know that is not it. Is this issue reproducible for anyone? Is there a fix or a workaround?

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately desktop annotate works slightly differently on macOS – you should see two small icons at the bottom of the screen that will allow you to switch between interacting with the desktop and controlling the desktop (see below screenshot).

We apologise for this inconvenience, however this is a limitation of macOS and unfortunately beyond our control.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Alex

Promethean Technical SupportMac desktop annotate

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.