Projectors
  • This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      T. HambletonT. Hambleton
      Participant

My PRM-35 projector is flickering. It seems to get worse as it warms up, as it doesn’t always do it right when I turn it on. I have replaced the VGA cord, the usb cord, blown air through the vents to clear dust, but before I replace the bulb I am wondering if there is any other troubleshooting I should try.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi there,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

With regard to the issue you have raised flickering is usually a sign of an aging lamp.
      I would recommend from what you have tried, to first replace the lamp. If you need help with replacing the lamp please take a look at our Knowledge Base (www.PrometheanKB.com) for the PRM-35 Manual.

If the issue still happens when another working lamp is in, please remove the VGA cord and see if it happens when it’s displaying the Promethean splashscreen and if it happens on the on screen menu.

If you require any further assistance please let me know.

Thank you,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support
      Case 00578666

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Adam, I’ve followed all of your suggestions to fix the issue. The lamp has a distorted color and flickering the picture. Do you possibly think it could be  the electronics. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Reuben, 
      I would suggest that the next step is contacting Promethean Technical Support directly and provide them with the steps that you have tried already along with the serial number of the projector. 

Please see the below link on how to contact us:
      https://support.prometheanworld.com/contact/

Thank you,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.