- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 9 months ago by Anonymous.
February 2, 2015 at 4:15 pm #362MarkParticipant
We have series of ActivBoards in our school that are less than a year old. However, the majority of the time when the computer is turned on in the morning the interactive board/projector needs to be turned on before the computer monitor will display anything.
Is there a solution that does not involve buying video splitting equipment?
February 2, 2015 at 9:31 pm #4151AnonymousInactive
Are the VGA
connections to the projector and Computer monitor both going through the same hardware?
If so, try removing that hardware and
connecting each device directly in to the computer with a VGA cable; does each
device start up and display an image as normal while connected directly to the computer? Using the same Hardware, do two monitors
used act in the same manner (where one will not display anything until the
other is powered on and displaying)?
February 5, 2015 at 5:11 pm #4152AnonymousInactive
The graphics card in the computers in question all have the white DVI outputs. These connect to a splitter that has two blue VGA connectors on the end. One of the VGA connectors is empty, whilst the other connects to VGA1 on the ActivBoard.
Then a separate blue VGA cable is connected at one end to VGA2 on the ActivBoard and into the computer’s monitor on the other end.
Is this a set-up that should work as it is? The signals aren’t going through any separate hardware as such, just a series of cables.
February 5, 2015 at 9:30 pm #4153AnonymousInactive
Try connecting the VGA cable from the empty port on the Splitter to the computer’s monitor instead of from the VGA2 port on the wallbox in use or the frame behind the board (both of which only operate as inputs).
(Support Case 00487225)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)
- Release Notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.2.0 (released 30 September 2020)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal 1.3.1 (released 18 August 2020)
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.12 (released 15 August 2020 for US / 21 August 2020 globally)
- Release Notes for myPromethean Portal 1.3 (released 23 July 2020)