Interactive Table

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Craig Promethean Craig Promethean 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Author
    George Samios
    George Samios
    Participant

Hello, I am teaching a new class which happens to be equipped with a Promethean ActivBoard PRM-AB378-01. Unfortunately I checked the back of the board and there are no cables whatsoever. I have some questions regarding the connection to my laptop and power supply of the device.
    I did find a usb cable that seemed to work with the device and windows automatically installed the drivers. The flame on the front upper left side of the board is white/pinkish but the board is not responding to my finger touches.
    1. Does this type of board work with finger touches?
    2. Are the connections mentioned above correct? Namely is the usb cable enough or I definitely need a pen and a power supply for the board?

Adem Promethean
    Adem Promethean

Hello,

The 300 series board is to be used with an ActivPen only and not with the finger.

If the flame is lighting white, you do not need need any other cables with that ActivBoard.

Adem

Promethean Technical Support

George Samios
      George Samios
      Participant

Adem thank you very much for your quick response. I understand now that my topic title is incorrect since my product is a promethean 300 series type and not 100. From my quick search the default pen type for this particular model is the ActivWand 50. Is this correct? Could you tell me which other pen types are compatible and where can I purchase them?

Thanks again.

Craig Promethean
    Craig Promethean

Hi George,

Thank you for your post.

If you have a 300 series ActivBoard, you will need an ActivPen4. I have provided a link to our support page to show the compatible ActivPens:

Please let us know if you have any further questions 🙂

Kind regards,

Craig

Promethean Technical Support

home

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.