November 5, 2019 at 7:41 pm #18185
Hello, I am teaching a new class which happens to be equipped with a Promethean ActivBoard PRM-AB378-01. Unfortunately I checked the back of the board and there are no cables whatsoever. I have some questions regarding the connection to my laptop and power supply of the device.
I did find a usb cable that seemed to work with the device and windows automatically installed the drivers. The flame on the front upper left side of the board is white/pinkish but the board is not responding to my finger touches.
1. Does this type of board work with finger touches?
2. Are the connections mentioned above correct? Namely is the usb cable enough or I definitely need a pen and a power supply for the board?
November 6, 2019 at 7:03 am #18189
The 300 series board is to be used with an ActivPen only and not with the finger.
If the flame is lighting white, you do not need need any other cables with that ActivBoard.
Promethean Technical Support
November 6, 2019 at 10:16 am #18190
Adem thank you very much for your quick response. I understand now that my topic title is incorrect since my product is a promethean 300 series type and not 100. From my quick search the default pen type for this particular model is the ActivWand 50. Is this correct? Could you tell me which other pen types are compatible and where can I purchase them?
November 6, 2019 at 1:53 pm #18194
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release Notes for ClassFlow v6.9 (released to US users 8 November 2019)
- UPDATE – ActivBoard 100, 300 AB500 Firmware now released
- myPromethean Portal v1.0.1 Hotfix
- Release Notes for myPromethean Portal & Panel Management (released 24th October 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4 (released 1st October 2019)