Interactive Whiteboards
  • This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Catie HaynesCatie Haynes
      Participant

I have a Promethean board and have download Activinspire to my Macbook. However, I am unable to use the program. The light on my board, indicating connection, remains red. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

It seems that there is no connection between the board and the computer, as such we recommend that you install the latest driver which can be found at http://www.prometheankb.com, article 10902.

If you have MAC El Capitan, note that ActivInspire is currently not supported yet with that operating system, however it should work fine with most its features.

Thank you

Miguel
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Miguel (or anyone who has information)

I followed your instructions and downloaded the new driver.  The driver downloads, and I double-click it to begin the download. However, a message popped up that an old driver needed to be uninstalled before the driver could install.  I uninstalled the Activinspire software on the Macbook and tried to install the new driver again.  The same message about uninstalling an old driver appeared.

What do you suggest I do?  I would like to be able to use the pens with the Promethean board, but I am not sure what to do next!  Please help!

Thank you in advance!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Please go to http://www.prometheankb.com and search for 10330 – this article explains how to remove the old driver.

Thank you
      Miguel

Anonymous
      Inactive

We are having multiple issues with Promethean boards staying connected to Mac computers. The computers are running OS 10.10, 10.11, and 10.12. We need to repeatedly unplug and plug in the USB in order to get a connection which eventually drops during the day and requires the teacher to do it again. This is a big inconvenience to teachers causing them to pause their lessons while their students wait for them to unplug and plug in again until it connects. I’ve attached a screen shot of the Hardware setting of the board. I am wondering if I should do a firmware update on the board. Please let me know how to get the firmware file for updating. Thank you.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi and thanks for posting on the Support community @rpalmer.

So we can ensure that the correct firmware is provided, please can you let us know the model number (excluding serial number) of the ActivBoards you are using? 
      This will be located on the lower left hand side of your ActivBoard on a silver sticker.

Once we have this information we will contact you directly to provide the correct firmware and hopefully this will help with this issue you are experiencing.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

The promethean board model is ABV378PRO. Thank you.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

I have emailed you with the firmware, please let us know if this resolves your issue.

Kind Regards,
      Paul
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I am having the same problem, multiple issues with Promethean board staying connected to our iMACs running 10.10 only.  I have this issue on 6 different boards.  ActivBoard V8.04 version 5.13.9.  ActivInspire V2.8.66693, ActivDriver 5.14.14.  Our Boards are ABv378E100.  Any suggestions.
      Andy Elbert

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.