Projectors
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Kim DayhoffKim Dayhoff
      Participant

I have the PRM-35 projector and can not get any sound when I mirror my ipad with the apple tv. I notice there are no speakers with this projector. Can I hook cable from projector to my board to use its sound?

Anonymous
      Inactive

The PRM-35 Projector
      does not have any audio output ability; any audio connection would need to be
      made between the iPad/AppleTV and the board’s amplifier or other audio system
      directly.

(Support Case
      00518550)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you!  Trying to figure out that next step, since there is no audio port on apple tv, wonder if I can connect headphone port to board’s audio??

tks,

Anonymous
      Inactive

just looked at apple tv a bit closer (had to get on a ladder) and there is an optical audio port that I need to get an optical audio cable and which port on the board would I plug it into??

tks,

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Kim,
      The ActivBoard’s amplifier doesn’t have a port for an optical audio cable. You may need to look at a third party adapter or alternative cables in order for this to work.
      You can refer to article 10408 on http://www.PrometheanKB.com for the outputs on the amplifier. You will need to ensure that a 3.5mm Audio cable is used.

(Support Case 00518550)

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am having the same issue with my apple tv.  When it is mirroring on the board I have no sound.  I also have the PRM-35 projector.  I need to know what type of cable I need and where I need to connect.  Do I go from the apple tv to the board?  The apple tv only has the optical audio output.  I have tried plugging external speakers into the ipad and using a bluetooth speaker and when those are connected I cannot mirror.  Thank you.

Anonymous
      Inactive

If you are using a 3.5mm audio cable for the amplifier, where do you put the other end?  The apple tv does not have a port for that.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I was able to use an adapter that was an HDMI to VGA+ audio adapter from Tripp Lite and this allowed the mirroring from the ipad to also hear the sound, I did have to unplug the cable from the computer to the board when we wanted to mirror.  I actually had help with this from our main tech company who helps us out a few times a year.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi neelydarby,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

The PRM-35 projector doesn’t carry any audio output from the HDMI source, as such you need need to use some form of third party equipment/adapter to allow the sound to come through the ActivBoard using the available 3.5mm audio sockets on the ActivBoard amplifier and the Apple TV.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.