- This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
July 20, 2015 at 11:16 pm #696Loren KleinParticipant
I just got a MacBook Pro for use in my classroom, and am making the jump from Windows to Mac. Is there a FAQ/User Guide for using Promethean stuff with a Mac? ActivInspire feels the same, but I can’t scroll using the pen thus far, since on the touchpad you use two fingers to scroll. Using Yosemite by the way. Thanks!
July 21, 2015 at 4:55 am #4928AnonymousInactive
Thanks for your post. ActivInspire works the same across both operating systems, it may be that you have not enabled the page extender option which is why you cannot scroll?
Hope this helps!
July 21, 2015 at 5:29 am #4929AnonymousInactive
I guess I should have been a little more clear; I got the extender to work when I was playing around today.
I can’t scroll with the pen on the Promethean board itself. For instance, if I was on a web page in Chrome and wanted to scroll down, I can’t scroll with the pen because the mouse/touchpad command for scrolling is to use two fingers on the mouse/touchpad.
Just trying to get used to the quirks of using the pen on a Mac after seven (!!!) years of Promethean use on a PC.
July 21, 2015 at 6:39 am #4930AnonymousInactive
Do you have the scroll bar when you have chrome open on your Mac?
If you do not see the scroll bar you could have a look at the settings and enable this,
Under System Preferences, General – click – Always show scroll bars.
Does scrolling work with other browsers such as Safari?
July 21, 2015 at 3:50 pm #4931AnonymousInactive
Ha! There we go!
I wasn’t sure if Promethean made any documentation for use with a Mac using the pen. Thanks a bunch!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivInspire 2.22 (released 2 August 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.5.2 (released 30 June 2021)
- Release notes for Radix VISO v1.2.7 (released 10 June 2021)
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.14 (US release 25 May 2021 / Global release 3 June 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.0.10 (released 13 May 2021)