- This topic is empty.
July 23, 2020 at 8:00 am #29693Yann BSenior Moderator
With the July 2020 release of Screen Share, we’ve introduced new features to simplify the device sharing experience, provided support for Screen Share sessions over a local network where an internet connection is not available, and addressed multiple issues that resulted in static, distortion, and poor audio quality from Windows PC, Mac, and iOS sender devices.
Panel Name and ID window
The new Panel Name and ID window will be visible while full screen casting. This window provides students with the Panel ID and AirPlay name they need to connect a device without having to return to the Waiting Room of the Screen Share receiver app on the ActivPanel.
- The Panel Name and ID window is transparent in order to avoid obscuring underlying content.
- When Screen Share casting is initiated, the Panel Name and ID window defaults to a location in the upper right corner of the ActivPanel. During a session, the user can drag the window to show underlying content.
- The window is configured to display by default, but it can be toggled off in the Screen Share Settings dialog.
Easy switching between sharing devices
When two to four devices are selected for sharing from the Screen Share Waiting Room, we’ve made it possible to switch from the device that is currently sharing to one of the other devices without returning to the Waiting Room. A Back arrow will now appear to the left of the floating Waiting Room button in the lower right corner of the ActivPanel. Tapping the Back button will show a multi-screen view of the devices originally selected for sharing, and you can tap on the device you want to share next.
Local network discovery
We’ve made it possible for Screen Share sender devices to discover and connect to a Screen Share session over a local network where an internet connection is not available. Even when an internet connection is available, Screen Share will attempt to use the local network for faster discovery in the event that the internet connection is not robust.
Improvements to audio quality
We’ve addressed issues in both the Screen Share receiver and sender apps to improve audio quality when sharing. Bug fixes include the following:
- We fixed issues that caused audible sound distortion and noise when casting audio from the Screen Share senders for Windows PC and Mac.
- We fixed an issue that caused audible static when casting video from an iOS device with the myPromethean mobile app.
- The topic ‘Release Notes for Screen Share (released 23 July 2020)’ is closed to new replies.
- Release notes for ActivInspire v2.21 (released 5 January 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.3.0 (released 16 December 2020) and v4.3.1 (released 7 January 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.4 (released 2 December 2020)
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)
- Release Notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.2.0 (released 30 September 2020)