Software Solutions
  • This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      MikeMike
      Participant

I know this may be a question for the publisher and not necessarily for Promethean, but this morning I’m receiving an error when I try to run Race Game.  I have to reinstall the game software and then it runs.  However, when I stop the game and disconnect or connect to the Activpanel I get the following error until I reinstall/repair using the installer: “The program can’t start because activsdk2.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.”  This error also occurs when I restart my computer regardless of whether or not the activpanel is attached.  My configuration is:

Activpanel 70
      Win 8/64 bit
      Activexpressions 2

Could Windows view this driver file as malware?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting. The error message you are getting appears to be a Windows issue. It is often caused by either corrupt files or a registry error.

Do you have this issue on any other computers?

We look forward to your reply.

Kind Regards,
      Paul

Promethean Technical Support

(Support Case: 604131)

Anonymous
      Inactive

This was the only computer I have with this game.  It appears that Windows was flagging the .dll file as malware and deleting it.  At least for now, after marking it as an exception in Windows Defender it appears to be working fine.  Thanks for the help.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Mike,

Glad to hear that you got this working.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind Regards,
      Paul

Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.