Wireless Presentations
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Fergal McCannFergal McCann
      Participant

Hi Guys,

I have 2 Promethean ActivPanel Titanium boards and I am experiencing issues when ScreenSharing with HP ProBook 455 G7 running window 10. We have several of these laptops that are all experiencing the same issue. We also have other Windows 10 devices that have no issue so I am not sure where to go with this troubleshooting so I am reaching out in the hope that you guys have the answer.

So the HP laptops can connect to the board via ScreenShare and the laptop screen displays but the users are unable to control the laptop from the board and when moving the mouse on the laptop, it’s froze on the board.

Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas how to fix this issue.

Many Thanks,

Fergal

James PrometheanJames Promethean

Hi Fergal,

Thanks for your post.

In order for us to look into this for you, please could you confirm what firmware version your ActivPanel is currently running?

You can find this in the “Update” app in the locker and update it if it is not already running the latest version.

Please also confirm the specifications of the Windows 10 machines which are working correctly.

Thanks

James

Promethean Technical Support

Participant

Hi James,

Thanks for your response.

The firmware of the Board are as follows:

• Mainboard Firmware: 4.3.0.111
      • Bezel Firmware: v6.4.71.42
      • Android Operating System: 8.0.0

The update options is greyed out and I am unable to perform an update check.

Windows Machines that have successfully connected are as follows:

• Lenovo 100e 2nd Gen
      • Microsoft Surface Pro 7

I haven’t tried with any other machines to date.

Thanks,

Fergal

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi Fergal,

Thanks for your reply.  You say the mouse is frozen on the ActivBoard, but if you were to change tabs etc via the computer does the rest of the display change as expected?

When the HP Probook is in the waiting room, does it have the green dot indicating that touchback will work?

Can you please also supply the full Windows version you are running and a detailed specification of your HP machines.

We look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Paul

Participant

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response, I have provided some videos and images.

When I operate the computer the board doesn’t respond. The Desktop displays on the boards but we are unable to interact with the via the board or the computer.  I am unable to show any windows on the board even though they are displayed on the computer.

When the HP Probook is in the waiting room it does have a green dot displayed.

Full Spec of the HP Probook is as follows:

AMD Ryzen 5 4500U, 8GB RAM, 64bit Windows 10 Pro

Windows Environment

Edition: Windows 10 Pro
      Version: 20H2
      OS Build: 19042.804
      Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Let me know if you need any further information.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NxZfLOnMgOlvCSZ-nttli8lddvAWLwVI/view?usp=sharing

Hello Fergal,

Thank you for providing that information.

Please connect a computer that is known to work using Screen Share with another panel to the panel in question. Does the issue occur here?
      We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,
      Olivia

Participant

Hi Olivia,

I am able to connect other Windows 10 machines via screen share to the board and there are no issues. My issue only seems to be with this particular model of Laptop and all our tutors use these HP Probook 455 G7. All of these laptop having the same problem and I have 15 of them so the majority of our tutors are unable to screen share effectively. They are all connecting via HDMI at the moment, which isn’t ideal.

Regards,

Fergal

Hello Fergal,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you confirm which version of Screen Share you are currently using on the HP Probook 455 G7 computers? How did you install the Screen Share app, via .exe or MSI?

Are the computers and the panels on the same network?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Arianna

Participant

Hi Arianna,

The version of ScreenShare we are using is 1.9.7.1, it was installed on the machine using and .exe file and all the computers are on the same network.

Regards,

Fergal

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello Fergal,

I have passed the issue over to our Second Level Support team to have a look at.

We will be in touch shortly.

Thank you,

Craig

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello Fergal,

Thank you for your patience.

A newer build of the sender is currently being worked on which will resolve this problem.

The target release date is sometime in April but this may change.

We would recommend subscribing to the announcement section of the community.

Thank you,

Craig

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.