September 9, 2019 at 3:05 pm #17281
We are using Screen Share with our Windows 10 computers and our new Nickel ActivPanels quite successfully.
We have an instructor that is shared with another district who uses a Macintosh computer. How does one set the Macintosh up to use Screen Share?
Also if that Macintosh using instructor wants to use Activcast, does one use the same process as for a Windows computer with the addition of downloading the ActivCast Connect Assist For Mac OS X program on the Mac computer?
Thanks for your assistance. My areas of expertise are primarily Windows and Chromebooks.
September 10, 2019 at 8:42 am #17305
Adam K PrometheanModerator
Hi John Jenn,
There is a Screen Share file that can be installed on the Mac:
This would work the same as to your Windows 10 computers.
ActivCast works differently than screenshare, so if you are wanting to mirror the Mac screen via the ActivCast app, they would need to find the ActivPanel on the network to mirror to. They’ll have an option called screen mirroring, load the ActivCast app on the ActivPanel and they can mirror to this.
I hope this helps.
Promethean Technical Support
September 12, 2019 at 4:58 pm #17366
Thanks. We appreciate the assistance. The Mac PC is working well using Screen Share with the instructor’s ActivPanel.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release Notes for ClassFlow v6.8 (released to US users 6 September 2019)
- Release Notes for myPromethean Portal, Panel Management and User Management (released 16th August 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4 for use with ActivPanel Elements Series (released 16th August 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v3.2 (released 16th August 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivInspire v2.17 (released 13th August 2019)