Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Allen GuzmanAllen Guzman
      Participant

The screen sharing option is not working through out our entire school district ?

Any updates?

Ryan DieterRyan Dieter
      Participant

Same here , district wide

Rick MayRick May
      Participant

Screen share not connecting.  Is there some kind of issue going on?

Ruth HansonRuth Hanson
      Participant

Why isn’t Promethean answering this????

Nala5530 SaundersNala5530 Saunders
      Participant

Same here Schoolwide ( 100+ devices)! Is this board monitored by Promethean???

James PrometheanJames Promethean

Hi all,

Thanks for your posts.

Are you seeing any error messages at all when trying to use Screen Share?

Thanks

James

Ruth HansonRuth Hanson
      Participant

It says that it is the incorrect panel ID.

But it is working this morning, but who knows for how long. It was working yesterday morning too and then just stopped.

I will add another comment if it stops again.

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for your reply.

We are aware of some intermittent server issues which could well be affecting Screen Share.
      This is being looked at and should hopefully be resolved quickly.

There have also been some changes to the network considerations, which may need to be addressed from your side.  Please see the article linked below for the revised list.

https://support.prometheanworld.com/s/article/1796?language=en_US#screen_share

Thanks,

Krista

Albert OrozcoAlbert Orozco
      Participant

Were experience the same issue thru our schools. Does any body know what is the solution?

Thank you

James PrometheanJames Promethean

Hi Albert,

Thanks for your post.

There isn’t much you will be able to do from your side at this stage. Apart from ensuring that the revised network considerations have been applied from your side. See the link below for details.

https://support.prometheanworld.com/s/article/1796?language=en_US#screen_share

The issue seems to be coming from our servers.

We are looking into this and are doing our best to get Screen Share running at the expected standard as quickly as possible.

Thanks

James

Nala5530 SaundersNala5530 Saunders
      Participant

James,

I am at a school with LAUSD. We have 100+ Active panels in my school and I suspect many more in the district. We have no tech people on my site because of pandemic vaccination issues.

screenshare was working fine until this Monday.

I believe that you are telling us that the issue is with promethean servers. and it will be resolved on Promethean side.

I want to understand regarding the updated network requirements. What level is that being done in? Can you explain it in a bit more lay person terms?
      If as it seems it requires expertise or action at the district level – is it not promethean responsibility to reach out to clients to facilitate that? Should you consider rolling back “improvements” with the knowledge that schools are struggling with technical supports and personnel.

please advice.

Hello Nala,

Thank you for your post.

We added UDP port 3478 to increase end-to-end encryption for ScreenShare sessions that are established using our servers. We do notify all users of recent changes on our Announcement section of the forum. Here you will find the release notes for each product, and the version of the software that we release. We have included a link to this information below. Our development team released this encryption to further encrypt video signals sent from the panel to the ScreenShare receiver client.

Announcements

We do recommend reaching out to your schools network administrator to update the port requirements as mentioned in the network considerations article.

Kind regards,

Jordan

Promethean Technical Support

Ruth HansonRuth Hanson
      Participant

Screen share is still not working this morning..

Hello Ruth,

Thank you for your post.

We did receive a notification that the ScreenShare service was restored. Kindly provide us with the version number of your mainboard firmware and your ScreenShare sender version. We have included an article below along with a screenshot of where the version numbers are located.

https://support.prometheanworld.com/s/article/1627?language=en_US

Kind regards,

Jordan

Promethean Technical Support

Gerry DayGerry Day
      Participant

A few things to consider:

• Ensure your computer version of Screen Share is up to date
      • Ensure your devices are on the same network subnet
        • If your computer is hardwired to the network, your panel should be too
        • If you can’t hardwire your panel due to lack of network ports,  your computer needs to be on your wireless network as well
        • This issue has plagued our school district for months and this has been our fix for Panel ID error messages
      • If on wireless, ensure you are actually connected
      • Ensure your computer has network connection
        • If it’s not connected to the internet, there won’t be a connection to your panel
        • Yes, as an IT professional, I see this a lot.
        • Windows devices show a box/monitor icon for a LAN connection and a Wi-Fi radial signal for a Wi-Fi connection on the lower right of the screen
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.