Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael Reid-SelthMichael Reid-Selth
      Participant

A teacher recently had issues with Screensharing from her pc laptop to the promethean board.  Upon updating the promethean board, screenshare now works on her computer.  Thinking this was an issue other teachers were going to face, I updated all the promethean boards on campus.  Now I am getting more teachers saying they cannot access Screenshare (they get the panel ID error).  I have made sure the promethean boards are updated to the latest version and made sure the pc laptops are also updated.  I am still having issues with Screenshare which I did not have just a few days ago.  Any assistance would be helpful.

Mark MitchellMark Mitchell
      Participant

We are also having problems with screen share, all panels getting the panel ID error.

Have ports changed again?

Hi Michael, Mark,

Thank you for reaching out.

Can you please provide some additional details to your set ups?

1. What hardware are you using?  What model of panel?  Are you using an Activconnect OPS-G?
      2. What sender are you using?  The Chrome extension or the Windows/Mac OS sender or Airplay?

If you would like to review the network considerations to check your ports and URL’s please see the link below.

https://support.prometheanworld.com/s/article/1796?language=en_US#screen_share

Thank you,

Krista

Participant

The model number is AP7-B75 with AP-WIFI-BC.

We use the Windows Desktop App which worked very well until recently.

We have always had trouble with the Chrome extension (sound was always garbled when displaying video).

While the promethean update fixed the panel id error on one panel, the update caused the other panels to lose connection to the pc laptop resulting in a panel id error.

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply.  Have the network considerations mentioned previously been applied?

We would usually suggest connecting both the ActivPanel and the computer to a mobile hotspot and test that way as this will usually definitively show if it is a network related issue or not?

We look forward to hearing back from you with the results.

Kind regards,
      Paul

Promethean Technical Support

Participant

I connected both the Promethean ActivPanel and Laptop to a mobile hotspot and still get the panel ID error.  

Laptop - Hotspot

This is occurring in multiple classrooms.

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your post.

We would like you to try clearing the application data and cache by going to the Locker > Settings > Apps > App Info > Screen Share > Storage > Clear Data & Cache. After doing so, please attempt a new connection using the newly provided panel ID. Were you able to connect?

Kind regards,

Jordan

Promethean Technical Support

Participant

I and a few other teachers have attempted to clear the cache using the provided instructions but we are still unable to connect to Screen Share.  We continue to get the Panel ID error.

Again, prior to the last update, only one user had issues connecting to Screen Share.  With the latest update, most teachers who use Screen Share are now unable to access it.

James PrometheanJames Promethean

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your post.

We are aware of some intermittent server issues which could well be affecting Screen Share.

This is being looked at and should hopefully be resolved quickly.

There have also been some changes to the network considerations, which may need to be addressed from your side.

Please see article 1796 for the revised list.

Thanks

James

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.