Software Solutions
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Paul HorseyPaul Horsey
      Participant

HI,

I’m doing a mass deployment of the ScreenShare App, as ActivCast is no longer allowed to be used. This is from the site Share to ActivPanel (mypromethean.com).

None of the normal switches seem to work to do a silent install and I’m not manually doing 500 devices!

So does anyone know how to do this? and the uninstall switch would be good too.

Thanks

Adam H PrometheanAdam H Promethean
      Senior Moderator

Hello Paul,

Thanks for your post. Please can you explain what type of Promethean hardware you are trying to use Screen Share on?

The reason I ask this is because this software can only be used on ActivConnect OPS-G devices and Element Series ActivPanels. Provided that these devices are up to date, the Screen Share app should be there by default.

More information can be found here: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1773#which_app

If you’re trying to install Screen Share on any other product, this is not going to work. If you have an ActivConnect G-Series (silver box) for example, the advice is to continue to use ActivCast for mirroring. Is there any reason why you are no longer allowed to use this?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,
      Adam H

Paul HorseyPaul Horsey
      Participant

Hi Adam,

The broad model is AP7-B75, I was under the impression that ActivCast is being retired??

The ScreenShare app is to be installed on Windows clients, is there a MSI file for this?

Adam H PrometheanAdam H Promethean
      Senior Moderator

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. Screen Share has replaced ActivCast, but only on recent firmware versions of the ActivPanel Elements Series and ActivConnect OPS-G devices. The software is still available and continues to work on earlier firmware versions and also other hardware such as the ActivConnect G-Series. The only difference is that ActivCast is not going to receive any future updates or development.

If your ActivPanels are all running the latest software, Screen Share would be the default screen mirroring method as opposed to ActivCast.

I understand now that it is the Screen Share Sender that you want to deploy across your Windows computers. The Windows MSI file can be downloaded from this link: https://support.prometheanworld.com/download/63766/

Kind regards,
      Adam H

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.