March 21, 2019 at 4:17 am #15611
We have a Promethean and ActivConnect in one classroom that dips audio without user interaction. The teacher is finding it very frustrating but so far we have not found a solution for her. Here is what we know:
- The issue affects multiple devices (Macs & iPads).
- Volume is turned up on device, panel and AC but comes through very quietly. Disconnecting AirPlay and reconnecting can temporarily resolve the issue.
- The ActivConnect (ACON1-G) is running version 22.214.171.124
- Macs are running macOS 10.14.3
- iPads are running iOS 12.1.4
Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
March 21, 2019 at 6:13 am #15613
Hi Sabian Carey,
Thanks for posting.
For confirmation, is sound lowering on the screen showing the slider decrease?
Is this issue only happening when you are mirroring through ActivCast on the ActivConnect?
If so, what are you mirroring that makes the sound noticeably lower?
March 26, 2019 at 1:12 am #15656
Thanks for getting back to us.
The sound doesn’t lower while in use. Sometimes when a device connects, the volume is very quiet despite being turned up everywhere and the only way it resolves is if the device is disconnected and reconnected. We haven’t troubleshot any particular devices (other than software updates) because it happens on multiple devices (Macs and iPads). The problem isn’t persistent though so sometimes devices that usually have this issue will connect fine the first time so it has been very hard to troubleshoot.
It as always via ActivCast and the teacher is usually trying to play music through an app on the iPad or slideshow on the computer. Disconnecting shows the volume was high in the devices and then reconnecting plays at the expected volume. It is weird.
March 26, 2019 at 8:35 am #15663
Hi Sabian Carey,
Thanks for your reply.
This isn’t an issue i’m aware of and I’ve also discussed with our second level team.
So we can look into this further, could you provide a short video that shows the sound on the device (whether this be the Mac or iPad) then connecting this to the ActivConnect showing this issue?
Please upload to the link below and let us know once this has been uploaded:
April 23, 2019 at 5:31 am #15849
Sorry about the slow reply. Haven’t managed to get a video yet as the issue is intermittent
April 23, 2019 at 5:36 am #15850
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release Notes for ClassFlow v6.10 (released to US users 14 February 2020)
- Release Notes for Apps: Screen Share, Classroom Essential apps, myPromethean Mobile App (released 6 December 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v3.3 (released 6 December 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivDriver v5.18.18 (released 6 December 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.1 (released 6 December 2019)