What is ActivInspire?
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Elaine MillerElaine Miller
      Participant

I connected my laptop to the promethean board with the vga cable and usb cable. The promethean board is not communicating with the laptop-it says “source not found”

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Elaine,

Are you using a Promethean projector? If so, please advise which model.

One step to identify if this is a cabling issue is to connect a vga cable directly into the projector and see if this displays an image.

If this then displays an image, you will need to check the connections on any wall boxes or faceplates you may have.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support
      Case 00579157

Anonymous
      Inactive

Dear Adam
      I am using Model PRM-AB378-03 which has a projector mounted on top of the board. My laptop to activboard connections are good-I have a white flame with no errors on the laptop. When I turn on the Activboard a white screen appears with the Status message-source not found.
      Elaine M

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Elaine,

The model of the ActivBoard does not relate to the projector as you can purchase third party projectors with our ActivBoards. 
      Is the projector a Promethean branded projector? If you need help locating the model number please take a look at article 10474 on http://www.Prometheankb.com. (Please don’t provide the serial number).

Are you using a Windows or a Mac connected to the projector? Please ensure that you duplicate/mirror your displays and see if this then displays onto the board. 
      Where you able to plug the VGA cord directly into the projector bypassing any faceplates/wallboxes in use?

If you connect another laptop/computer to the projector does this display an image of the computer? 

Thanks,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Elaine,

I believe you have been in touch directly.
      I will email you from the new case, please reply back to the email so we can advise further.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.