Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Brandon HatfieldBrandon Hatfield
      Participant

I’ve searched for this but I can’t even think of any way to word the problem that doesn’t come with a million unrelated hits. When the Activpanel turns on, after about 30 seconds it plays a little tune. It’s similar to the tune the timer plays but the timer isn’t active. I’m guessing a factory reset will solve the problem (It’s only really a problem when the volume is too loud). But, I would like to know what’s causing it. Has anyone heard of this happening before? This link is to a video, the music plays at around 31 seconds in.

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for reaching out.

It appears that the link only brings us to a photo.  It shows sensitive information regarding your panel, so I’ve edited your post to remove it.

We’ve not heard of an issue like that before, but yes, it sounds like there may be an app playing in the background when turning the panel on.

Before trying a factory reset, it may be worth clearing the app data.  To do this, go into the Locker > Settings > Apps > App Info > Click on the app you think is causing the issue > Storage > Clear Data.

From here, reboot the panel and see if the issue happens again. If so, move forward with the factory reset.  If you continue to have issues, please let us know and we can investigate further.

Thank you,

Krista

Promethean Escalations Team

Participant

I cleared the app data for all of the apps on the board and reset the app settings. I still hear the music. Any other thoughts, other than to just factory reset.

James PrometheanJames Promethean

Hi Brandon,

Is there anything showing under the “Recent Apps” icon (right side of the unified menu) when the ActivPanel is powered on?

Thanks

James

Participant

The first time the teacher had me listen to it, that was the first thing I checked. Nothing was listed there. I’m glad I’m not the only one who finds this interesting and very odd.

Hi Brandon,

Are there any external sources connected to the panel such as a computer or computing module like an OPS or ActivConnect-G?

If so, does the issue occur when all external sources have been removed?

Thank you,

Krista

Promethean Escalations Team

Participant

I realized I haven’t mentioned the model. It’s AP7-U65, I believe that’s the Nickle series. I pulled the OPS,  out of the side of it and disconnected the HDMI and USB that were connecting to a laptop. On power-up, it still played the tune about 30 seconds after selecting the profile

James PrometheanJames Promethean

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your reply.

We will reach out to you by email to continue investigating this issue.

Thanks

James

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.