Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Scott PownerScott Powner
      Participant

Hello,

I have tried different TV platforms – Prime, Netflix, Disney Plus and none will run on the Promethean Nickel Flat Panels that we have.  Any help on this would be great!
      I can download the apps to stream videos for students but none play.  They just return to the install screen.

I currently have 34 of these and am getting a lot of complaints at this time.
      Thank you.

Scott Powner

James PrometheanJames Promethean

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your post.

In order for us to have a clear picture of the issue, please reply to the questions below:

If you connect the ActivPanel to a mobile phone hotspot instead of your site’s network/WiFi, does this make a difference at all?

If so, please refer to article 1796 for our network considerations and check with your network administrator to see if these streaming apps are not blacklisted.

Were these apps downloaded from the Google Play Store app? If so, was the Play Store activated through your site’s Panel Management interface?

Are you using an OPS-G device or just the ActivPanel’s interface?

Thanks

James

Promethean Technical Support

Scott PownerScott Powner
      Participant

Thank you for the reply.

So based on the reply I went back and reset the Promethean board to defaults.  I then upgraded the Promethean to the latest firmware  5.0.0.134.  I then set a hardwire going around the firewall and gave the ethernet port a static IP.  I made sure that Google Play was enabled and then downloaded HBOMax.  I installed it.  It correctly did everything right up until I hit play.  Once I hit play the app took me back to whatever point I launched the app from.  IE, if I was on the homepage and opened home scrolled to the app, opened the app, hit play, I would end up back on the main homepage for the Promethean.   If I launched it from Google Play and then hit play, I ended back in Google Play.

I am doing this all through the Activepanel Interface.

Any suggestions?

Eddie PrometheanEddie Promethean

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your reply and for that information.

I will be sending you an email shortly.

Best regards,

Eddie

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.