Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Scott PownerScott Powner
      Participant

Hello,

I have tried different TV platforms – Prime, Netflix, Disney Plus and none will run on the Promethean Nickel Flat Panels that we have.  Any help on this would be great!
      I can download the apps to stream videos for students but none play.  They just return to the install screen.

I currently have 34 of these and am getting a lot of complaints at this time.
      Thank you.

Scott Powner

James PrometheanJames Promethean

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your post.

In order for us to have a clear picture of the issue, please reply to the questions below:

If you connect the ActivPanel to a mobile phone hotspot instead of your site’s network/WiFi, does this make a difference at all?

If so, please refer to article 1796 for our network considerations and check with your network administrator to see if these streaming apps are not blacklisted.

Were these apps downloaded from the Google Play Store app? If so, was the Play Store activated through your site’s Panel Management interface?

Are you using an OPS-G device or just the ActivPanel’s interface?

Thanks

James

Promethean Technical Support

Scott PownerScott Powner
      Participant

Thank you for the reply.

So based on the reply I went back and reset the Promethean board to defaults.  I then upgraded the Promethean to the latest firmware  5.0.0.134.  I then set a hardwire going around the firewall and gave the ethernet port a static IP.  I made sure that Google Play was enabled and then downloaded HBOMax.  I installed it.  It correctly did everything right up until I hit play.  Once I hit play the app took me back to whatever point I launched the app from.  IE, if I was on the homepage and opened home scrolled to the app, opened the app, hit play, I would end up back on the main homepage for the Promethean.   If I launched it from Google Play and then hit play, I ended back in Google Play.

I am doing this all through the Activepanel Interface.

Any suggestions?

Eddie PrometheanEddie Promethean

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your reply and for that information.

I will be sending you an email shortly.

Best regards,

Eddie

Simon TeesdaleSimon Teesdale
      Participant

Hi. I was interested to hear if this was resolved.  Same frustration.  Disney plus app it says is not compatible.  Netflix tells me to download the app, but to Netflix app on the Google play store on the device.  Is it because it thinks it is a smart TV?  Only solution is the old school, plug in a windows laptop.  Seems very backward to me!  Any advice appreciated.

Hello Simon,

Thank you for your post.

We will be reaching out to you shortly via e-mail with more information.

Kind regards,

Jordan

Tim St. LouisTim St. Louis
      Participant

So were there any fixes without tethering a laptop to the board for this issue?

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi Tim,

Thanks for posting.  I need to get some more information off you so will send you an email separately to gather this if thats ok?

Thanks

Paul

Amy McCurdy-MooreAmy McCurdy-Moore
      Participant

Has a fix for this been found?

Frank VazquezFrank Vazquez
      Participant

Same issue here. I am running a Titanium board here are the specs:

Ap7_B70

Main board firmware 5.1.200.17

Bezel Firmware v 6.4.72.42

Android 8.0

I was able to get Google Play store activated and was able to download and use Amazon Prime app and some other TV app, however Netflix and Hulu tell me that their app is not supported on this device. Maybe there is an issue with the firmware update? I don’t see it listed in the management control panel.

Also, I am not seeing any new link to either Google Play or Amazon Prime app in my locker, and have had to go through Chromium to access it, which is a trouble. Is there a way to get these buttons added to the locker or somewhere else on the board?

I am new to this board and all the details in playing admin for it. Any help greatly appreciated.

-Frank

Participant

Okay, I was able to find the place in locker where Google Play and my downloaded apps are stored – so that part is no problem. However, when I open up Google Play store from the Promethean board and search for Netflix or Prime, it simply doesn’t show up in the search results at all. Please advise.

Simon TeesdaleSimon Teesdale
        Participant

Yes Frank

Exactly the same – Google play store is working for Apps. But Netflix or Amazon prime app is not there.    And if you try Netflix from a browser instead, it says it is not compatible.   We are screensharing Disney Plus from a Chromebook for now.

Cobalt AP7_A65

Android 8.0.0

Will await a solution.!

Thanks

Simon

Hi All,

We have re-escalated this issue to our product team and are pushing for further investigation. The are several requirements for apps to show as being compatible and we are trying to find the requirements we appear to be missing to make these apps work and see if there is anything we can do to get them up and running on the Elements series ActivPanels.

We will update you with any further information as it becomes available.

Thanks

Paul

Participant

Is there any kind of time line we can expect for a resolution? These are quite major content providers for such a supposedly high tech and costly device to not be able to run properly.

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your reply.  I cannot give a specific time frame but we hope to have an answer either way soon, hopefully before the holiday break.

Thanks

Paul

Scott PownerScott Powner
      Participant

Yes, I’m still following this thread.  And yes we still have the problem.

Our fix is to set a chair near the Promethean board with a windows laptop and stream from it.  But I now have some HDMI extenders so I’ll be able to move the laptop back to the teacher’s desk.

Hello Scott,

Thank you for your post.

We have added you to the escalation as well.

Kind regards,

Jordan

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.