Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Dave ScottDave Scott
      Participant

My stylus has not worked for my Activeboard since I upgraded my Mac to El Capitan. I do not know how to correct this. I have tried upgrading the software and driver.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Dave,

Thanks for posting on the Community.

Could you please help to provide the model number of the ActivBoard you are using (Please do not provide serial number).
      Also, please confirm the current driver version that is listed within ActivManager control panel? This version will be listed at the bottom next to the copyright message.

If you are using a version prior to 5.12, please uninstall the current ActivDriver and install the latest version from the link below:
      https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activdriver

Thanks,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support
      Case 00617498

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am having the same issue with one of our 300 series board. The teacher updated her iMac to Yosemite and her pen has not been staying connected. I have to go in everyday to calibrate it for her, and i usually need to unplug the usb cable and plug it back in again. I have installed, unistalled and installed the newest driver and activInspire but it’s still losing it’s connection. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your post.

If the latest driver has been installed there should be no issue with El Capitan. Can you confirm that you did not have the ActivBoard connected when you removed the original driver and installed the new driver?

Also can you please confirm the USB cable length? We recommend no more the 5m from the ActivBoard.

Finally please confirm the firmware version.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am having the same problem:  version 5.12.17, reinstalled while the ActivBoard was disconnected, and the USB cable is 10 feet.  The error message I get is–  “There has been an error.  **unknown variable msg(appversion.error***)”

Thanks, Sean

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Dave,

Thank you for your post.

There are two things to look at –

1) The message “unknown variable msg(appversion.error***)” happens when a file on the MAC has the wrong permissions and was not erased when the old driver was uninstalled. This message can sometimes be fixed by installing the older driver and then running the uninstaller.

Otherwise this file can be erased: /etc/promethean-activdriver.ini

And the installation of the new driver will proceed normally.

2) The issue you mentioned that you have to recalibrate the board every day.

This would indicate something wrong when saving the calibration information. Most likely you do not have admin privileges and/or the permissions on this machine are incorrect. Can you please try another new user to test. Also permissions repair might help.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am also having issues with the activpen not working. I have upgraded the driver to 5.12.17 as advised. The USB cable connecting my computer and my 300 series board is 6 feet long. When I plug my board into my MacBook Pro with Retina display, the Activmanager icon changes to the gold flame and the flame light on the board changes to white. The Activmanager registers both the Activhub and ActiveBoard as being present, yet no response for the pen. Super frustrated.

I would like to know when Mac users won’t have to suffer. Every update from Apple seems to send Promethean reeling and our classrooms back in technology 5-10 years. Come on guys, you are better than this.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Kory,

Thank you for your post.

As the LED on the ActivBoard changes to white this would indicate that the ActivBoard has power and is connected.

Can you please reset the ActivBoard (removing power). Also please confirm the model and firmware of your ActivBoard to see if an update is needed.

Thank you,

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey Craig,

The product code on my board is ABV378Pro. The firmware version is V8.04 Build 4.

Kory

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.