Software Solutions
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Timothy ThibodeauTimothy Thibodeau
      Participant

I’d like to use activinspire on my Surface Pro 3 and project the result on a screen.  In general, I can write with my finger and mouse, but not with my surface pen (which is functioning everywhere else).  Any ideas how to use the stylus that came with my surface and this software?

Thanks!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi there,

ActivInspire wouldn’t support the full functionality to the Microsoft Surface Pro stylus however it may be possible to amend the ActivInspire settings to detect the stylus as a touch input instead.

You could try to change the below settings by going to:
      File>Settings> Dual Mode ActivBoards
      Change Touch Input handling to Touch or Stylus.

Also ensure that the option for Touch Interoperability is set to OS Compatible.

This may help to get the stylus to interact by acting as a stylus option.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I am disappointed that the software doesn’t work with the surface pro.

I had changed those settings yesterday with no luck.  When I put the pen to the screen I get a dot, but then it stops drawing.  I can use the pen to right-click on the drawing area and use it to interact with anything else on the screen. 

Thanks again for your help,
      Tim

Anonymous
      Inactive

I hope this is something they’ll get worked out.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Same problem with the last version of Activeinspire and a surface pro2 (windows 10).
      I never have problem with older versions (2.4 work well).
      I  hope an upgrade too.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Have you tried to use it with ActivInspire 2.5?

It can be downloaded from: https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activinspire

Thank you

Miguel

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yes I have, I upgraded to test before I posted. Not sure why it’s not working :(. It’s a game changer if you can get it to work.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

ActivInspire doesn’t support Stylus events (which is what the Surface Pro pen is classed as).
      We have got an enhancement request open for this functionality to hopefully be added in a future version.

Can you confirm if it definitely works with ActivInspire 2.4? This is vital information for our development team.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Miguel

Anonymous
      Inactive

I cannot find the download for 2.4, but I do know it worked before the 2.5 update.  It was great to have as I walked around and helped students to be able to use the same tools as I do on the Pboard.

Thanks!

Anonymous
      Inactive

For me, it was working with Activeinspire 2.4 but after an upgrade to windows 10, not a clean install.
      I’ve made a clean install now, I use Activeinspire 2.5 and it doesn’t work. (sorry for my poor english).

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’ve found my 2.4 version. The surface pro 2 pen works well with it (Windows 10). I don’t use screen recording, so I’ll stay with 2.4.

Anonymous
      Inactive

can someone post the installer for the 2.4 version?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Ron,

You can download the 2.4 version here:

https://promethean.box.com/ActivInspire-2-4

Please note that this version is not supported with Windows 10.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind Regards,
      Paul

Anonymous
      Inactive

I second that! I am using the Surface Pro 4, no Stylus use possible – very disappointing. And: the resolution is by far more than ActiveInspire is able to realize. The Menue and mainly  the tool buttons are too small, even by choosing 32  as (maximum) size. Would you be so kind and support those modern clients too? I would really appreciate that.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Thank you for your reply also.

We will request this to our software development team to review and hopefully implement in future releases.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.