- This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 10 months ago by Anonymous.
October 23, 2015 at 8:29 pm #1045Rebecca DargatzParticipant
The ActiView document camera won’t focus. I have tried all of the fixes that you recommend. What is the life expectancy of these?
October 26, 2015 at 1:04 am #5866AnonymousInactive
Thank you for your post.
The ActiView is a pretty reliable device and we don’t get many failures with these.
Can you please advise which steps have you taken to resolve the issue?
And also, what is the exact the issue? Is it out of focus all over the image? Or just in particular areas?
Promethean Technical Support
October 26, 2015 at 1:27 pm #5867AnonymousInactive
I have done all of the recommended checks… Checked to make sure the cables were working properly, image mode is not set to microscope, and we have done a factory reset. the image is out of focus all over.
October 26, 2015 at 1:54 pm #5868AnonymousInactive
Thank you for your reply.
In regards to your issue can you please confirm what model of ActiView you? you can find the model number on the base of the unit.
Also can you please press the auto focus button (if available on your model).
Can you also please test a known working video input.
We look forward to hearing from you,
October 26, 2015 at 1:56 pm #5869AnonymousInactive
It is model AV 322. We have tested with a known working video input, and we have tried the auto focus.
April 6, 2016 at 4:26 pm #5870AnonymousInactive
Has this problem been resolved? we seem to be having them fail en masse here.
April 17, 2017 at 4:32 pm #5871AnonymousInactive
I also have an AV322 that will not focus at all. I have tried factory reset and using the Auto Tune and Auto Focus features. Any other tips?
April 17, 2017 at 7:35 pm #5872AnonymousInactiveHello vlbaker,
We would recommend the following steps in order to resolve the issue.1. Using a soft cloth, clean the lens of the ActiView.2. Ensure the distance between the object and Lens is proper. (Equal to or greater than 5cm.)3. Test with a known working video input cabling.4. Test with a different known working computer, using the same video input cable as in step 3.
If the issue persists, we would recommend reaching out directly using contact form Here
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.13 (US release 29 January 2021 / Global release 5 February 2021)
- Release notes for ActivInspire v2.21 (released 5 January 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.3.0 (released 16 December 2020) and v4.3.1 (released 7 January 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.4 (released 2 December 2020)
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)