Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Agueda ZorrillaAgueda Zorrilla
      Participant

what can I do to get the sounds back on my clock or timer.I am a teacher and the school technician left. 🙁 I need the sound for my timer

Anonymous
      Inactive

Agueda, when you click either the Count Down or Count Up button in the Clock tool, does the middle field — the “play the following sound” field shown with the number 2, below — offer any options other than No Sound when you click that field?

Anonymous
      Inactive

When in that
      window, if no sounds are available in that drop-down window, click on the “…”
      button beside that drop-down to browse to the folder on the computer where the
      desired sound files are located.  Browse into the folder (you will not see
      any files in the folder) and click “Select Folder”.  You will see the
      sounds in that folder in the drop-down menu after choosing that folder.

(Support Case 00520165)

Adam UdellAdam Udell
      Participant

I’m having the same problem and I have put mp3 and wav files in a folder and when I browse to those locations it says no sounds available.  What file format should they be in?

folder that I know has mp3 and wav files

Hello Adam,

Thank you for your post.

When you select the folder, you will need to select the .wav file from the dropdown menu from the clock. Please see the image below for reference.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any additional questions.

Kind regards,

Jordan

Promethean Technical Support

Adam UdellAdam Udell
      Participant

Hi Jordan,

yes, as you can see I have no sound files available there either.

Wendy PrometheanWendy

Hi Adam,

Thank you for getting back to us.

When you look at the sound files in the folder from the Windows Explorer screen, do they show as *.wav extension files?

Can you confirm the full path that Inspire is looking at when you click at the top in the Clock Settings Window?  i.e. mine is set to the default path: https://www.screencast.com/t/FXzyRhAt

Is this the folder where you stored your sound files? I know you mentioned you browsed to the folders where you have the files stored, but I wonder what happens if you add them to the default location Inspire looks for when opening that function.

*wav files should definitely be shown here.

If that still doesn’t change anything, can you please confirm which version of ActivInspire you are currently on and which version of Windows ?

We look forward to hearing back from you,

Thanks,

Wendy

home

Adam UdellAdam Udell
      Participant

OK, I reinstalled the resource pack and now I can see wav files I put in the folder, but I still don’t have the animal sounds that come with the program, which I can live without, but I’d prefer to have.

Hi Adam,

Please check in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Activ Software\ActivInspire\Sounds\Animals.

Is the folder empty even after installing the resource pack?

Don’t hesitate to get back in touch if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Thibaut

home

Adam UdellAdam Udell
      Participant

Hi Thibaut,

yes, even after reinstalling the resource pack the sound folder is empty.  I added my own noises.

thanks,

Adam

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello Adam,

Thank you for your post.

It may be worth removing the resources and re-installing or simply adding the resources back in.

Does adding your own noises work without issue?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Craig

Adam UdellAdam Udell
      Participant

I’ve removed and added the resources twice with no success, but yes, adding my own sounds has worked.  I’ve also had our school’s tech dept look at it and they can’t figure it out either.

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello Adam,

Thank you for your post.

We will need to pass the issue onto our Second-Level Team.

Can you please provide us with the following:

Current software version, number of machines showing the issue & OS version.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Craig

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.